[Music] Some instrumentals I've been working on

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Hello all. I thought I would share this with you folks, and see what you guys think.

I've been working on my first album for some time now. For the past year or so I've been pretty busy, working two jobs and what not. Well now, I'm back down to one job, so I have free time to finish this damn thing up.

I post on FB every now and again about working on music, but I never posted up any, so I decided to clip together some of the Instrumentals I've made for the album. Lyrics aren't done for the tracks, that's why they're just Instrumentals.

Let me know what you think.

[M]http://youtu.be/Oq_WV5YFxWQ[/M]

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
To be honest, the only thing that I can hear anymore is that your snare is almost exactly the same across every single snippet. There is a lot of perfunctory marking of time and it detracts from any melodic work you're doing. Maybe lyrics make it better, but right now, it is distracting.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I used FL Studio 9. Thanks for the feedback Dragon. The beats are still a work in progress aswell.

I'm running a pair of M-Audio AV140's to a Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 interface.

Last edited:

theabyss

No One Here Gets Out Alive
Dec 3, 2005
East Coast
Throw in something unexpected, please. Right know everything sounds too clean. You know, just think of your music as if it was a beautiful, tall girl in a beautiful tight white dress and high heeled white shoes walking down the street...and then stepping into a huge pile of dogshit.

Throw in something unexpected, please. Right know everything sounds too clean. You know, just think of your music as if it was a beautiful, tall girl in a beautiful tight white dress and high heeled white shoes walking down the street...and then stepping into a huge pile of dogshit.

the 3rd song goes well with your sig, and then the 4th one comes up and I thought I was on the internet in the 90's again. background midi music lol

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I would work on layering. It feels like you have one synth for each sound. If you move towards having 2 or 3 synths working together you'll get a much more full sound. Also ditch the sounds that come with FL Studio. The samples and Synths that come with it aren't the best.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I hear ya. I'm still experimenting with most of the beats. I've been using this as an opportunity to learn the program, and see how creative I can get with electronically made music.

Thanks for the feedback folks (and honesty), I do appreciate it.

=)