Control Configurations

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I have a 5-key mouse, and it's set up like this:
LMB - Fire, RMB - AltFire, MMB - Translocator/Camera, Right Wheel - Close Range Weapon (Flak/Bio/Link), Left Wheel - Long Range Weapon (Shock Rifle, Lightning Gun). I'm playing with the wheel a bit, earlier I had the default on, as up for the next weapon, down for the previous, but now I've decided to try out up for gravity-affected weapons (Flak, Bio, Assault Rifle), down for middle range weapons (Link, Minigun). Maybe that's not that good setup after all, because it limits me to 4 weapons + the number keys for selecting them, which is quite difficult... And gravity weapons pretty much equals close range ones...

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Does anyone change weapons by any method other than directly via he number keys?
Most people do, and if they don't, they aren't as good as they could be. Just bind your weapons to keys around your movement keys.

I have a feeling that one of the resons I suck so much at this series, is because I've never learnt to use dodge. The problen is that every time I turn it on, I end up flying of narrow bridges etc. What can I do about that?
Yes, you can turn down the dodge double click time in the menu.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
i have no key's left to configure, so i am not going trough them all

edit:

i use my scrool mouse button for changing weapons

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
it funny, i have not got good internet, as you probelly noticed, but after playing with bots all my UT'ing life i went on line with a x- tremely high ping and i still was completely obliverating them,

my lagg was so bad i could walk of the top of facing worlds tower and walk towords the front before dying

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
it funny, i have not got good internet, as you probelly noticed, but after playing with bots all my UT'ing life i went on line with a x- tremely high ping and i still was completely obliverating them,

my lagg was so bad i could walk of the top of facing worlds tower and walk towords the front before dying
I find this extremely hard to believe.

offramp

bOfframp=True
Apr 28, 2006
Cologne
I use the LMB to move forward, the right for backwards. Fire is space, alt-fire AltGr. I jump with U, cruch with J, strafe left with Z and right with I (german keyboard layout). The point is that i have my hand in the middle of the keyboard instead of the left side. That leaves me with more keys to use left from the movement keys. I bind my main weapons to O and I, so i can reach them with my index finger easily. Other weapon changes i do with the mouse wheel. The reason for using the mouse to move and not to fire is that whenever you fire using the mouse you move the hand slightly. Now i even hit something in mid-air with the lighting gun. Sometimes ;)
I read this on some website years ago. I don't think i am that good (thinking of what they did to me when i last went online), but it feels good and i got used to it.

nyagrill

Dec 16, 2008
Kinda weird talking to a bot,;) but heres mine.

m1=fire
m2=jump
m3=shield (used to be trans when I was into CTF)
m4=talk
m5=zoom (havent used really ever)

mw up = lg
mwd = shock

flak,goo,rox,as rifle,and mini very close to my movement keys

swap fire modes on half of those weapons