UT3 TITAN PACK DETAILS REVEALED

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Mercenaries are not annoying.

Just put down your hopes for the Skaarj. Epic should use its time for better things to fix and add in UT3.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
You mean like the things they've already fixed in the new patch? You mean to tell me Epic can't model a few characters and do bugfixes when they were able to work on Patch 2.0 and the Titan Pack simultaneously? Also, for adding things in, why not include the Skaarj? I don't even care if they started working on them a month after Patch 2.0 and the Titan Pack. You saw a lot of people complaining that Malcolm isn't in the game, but no one told them to shut up about it AFAIK.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
You mean to tell me Epic can't model a few characters and do bugfixes when they were able to work on Patch 2.0 and the Titan Pack simultaneously?

Making new characters is not something you "just do". It's months of work, especially now with how much detail goes into each one.
They're not going to make just one, they'd have to come up with a skaarj team. That's just not something you cook up on a whim because a small portion of your userbase "feel" they "should" be in the game.

We think it's odd that malcolm isn't in the game since they've made an in-game malcolm character before the game was even out.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
I see, but I've said it several times already, I'm willing to wait.

And if you don't see that lack of Skaarj an oddity, then stop calling yourself an Unreal fan.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
And if you don't see that lack of Skaarj an oddity, then stop calling yourself an Unreal fan.

Unreal is not only Skaarj.
I'd say that you're more of a Skaarj fan rather than an Unreal one, judging by your recent statements.

Pretty often, something good which is missing for a long time makes it more likeable (or badass; nostalgia).
Back on topic anyway, it is going nowhere.

Last edited:

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
Then why is the Logo based off of their claws? And you're right, I'm slightly more of a Skaarj fan than an Unreal fan, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy both. But I agree, we should stop.

So... 7 more days until the pack is released, eh? Cool, too bad I can't try it once it's out, my computer sucks too much to be able to play UT3.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I bet they will add even more models since 6 days is plenty of time to create new models.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice

The rest of us aren't. It would be a major delay and we want this pack now.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Oh, I didn't think of that. They CERTAINLY would not have been able to work on the girl, robot, and at least 1-2 Skaarj simultaneously, right? I would even accept it if they delayed the Pack indefinitely just to add the Skaarj.

I wouldn't be willing to wait. I'm a Xan fanboy, to be honest; I love him to bits and in 2k4 he was my model for about 90% of the time I played UT2k4. Am I disappointed he's not in UT3? Yes. Am I going to cry and demand he be put in and want a huge expansion pack to be put on hold for it? No. That's greedy.

Life's full of little disappointments, but when it comes to things like this, I think the content and patch matter more than a couple of Skaarj. Yes, they're eponymous with Unreal, but not something I'd want to delay an expansion pack over. The main goal of UT is to shoot and kill people in general; all the model does is make you stand out a bit from the crowd and little else, and that can be a good or bad thing.

If you want them in so badly, learn how to model, animate, and skin. Then you can put whatever you want in there. Even a Fartknocker Barnicle Sailor.

That said... I'm pretty identifiable...

UT3Char.jpg

Last edited:

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
Does anyone know if the two Necris maps will replace their regular counterparts in the campaign (after the Necris attack)?

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
I have a Xan model it's player made. Alot of the stuff you say is missing is on its way or already done by the player base. I'm hopeing those people getting stuff from old games that is being remade will make a pack for people that actualy want all this old stuff and can install it in one go.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
XAN 4 LIFE!

I wouldn't be willing to wait. I'm a Xan fanboy, to be honest; I love him to bits and in 2k4 he was my model for about 90% of the time I played UT2k4. Am I disappointed he's not in UT3? Yes. Am I going to cry and demand he be put in and want a huge expansion pack to be put on hold for it? No. That's greedy.

Yep i am declaring too that i am a XAN fanboy too, since the first unreal tournament and in UT2K4 was always my main character to choose online, it was always so much fun to hear the taunts "run human!" " die human!" you can compare him with Darth Vader, both are the evil side of each universe, UNREAL and STAR WARS :) so mean and cool the both are! :p also, the new NOVA model of the liandri robots looks pretty coll tho, i think im gonna use him when the patch is released.

Nova.jpg

Last edited: