Recommend a mouse pad

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
mousepad for optical mouse? the mouse slides better than it does on a rough wooden surfaced desk? yes?

oh, and check out www.icemat.com i think was the site.. they are expensive, but they are damn nice

HuggyBear

manta claus
Feb 23, 2004
A lot of people suggested ratpadz, and they look nice. I myself use an mx500 and I use a slab of granite tile I picked up at the hardware store for $2. It works like a charm, although the pads on the mouse stick to the surface if it's slightly dirty, so I clean it religiously. I've been meaning to get some of those teflon thingies that go over the pads to see if that helps.

My desk is glass, so the desktop doesn't work at all.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
the folks over at PCG tend to p1mp the sUrface 1030. I used to use a pad, but I found that my mouse tracked better on my desk itself, so I ditched the mousepad.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
I use a cutting board. :p

mousepad1.jpg

On a side note, DON'T get a RadPadz. I had one, and LOVED it right away. It was so slick and accurate.. Problem is the damn thing wore out. All the little bumps in the middle started to smooth down (where I move the mouse the most) and so it became VERY inconsistant. That is a bad thing.

Click here for a pic of my worn out RatPadz GS. In the pic it looks like it is dirty, but it isn't. It has actually worn smooth from using it so much. Of course, I do play a lot...

Then go to http://www.ratpadz.com/ to see what a new pad looks like. All the little bumps wore away. Notice around the edge it is still bumpy like it is supposed to be, but serverely worn out in the middle. :mad: And the worst part is it wore out in just a few months. I love the pad but I am not going to buy a new one every three months, so I got a cutting board instead. :D

eLy

Mar 18, 2003
Visit site
yeah, my ratpadz wore out too. most padz wear out unless they're steel or glass or so.

i was actually thinking about a baking pan at one point...