The flag in CTF should be something unique and futuristic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What kind of flag would you like?

• Total voters

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Like your posts?

One thing i'm certain about though - the Flag and the FC should be little balls of sunshine in the map. In 99 you could spot 'em a mile off, but the effect in 2k3 was .. nothing and the 2k4 was better but still not vibrant enough imho. They should recolour the whole area immediately around them.

But not shine through walls...(ffs).

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'd like to see a choice of at least 2-3 flags for mappers to use.

And having the flag actually react to the environment/movement would be great altough probably a bit impossible given that cloth-physics are not easy.

Definitely no client-side only choice.

btw : didn't the flag show the team-icon by default in UT2k3 ? Or was that something in a mutator ?

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
Wowbagger said:
What if the game went into slomo immidietly after a player capped by "jumping it" in and it showed some data who capped, who assisted etc. Very short, when the capper touch ground the game turns normal again.
I know I'll hate it the first time I fall down the map because I was battling in some place remotely from the flag and someone capped while I was about to translocate across the great void...

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
HL2CTF has a weird flag. It's an energy ball (If you played HL2 singleplayer, its those balls that attack you on Highway 17) that you have to pick up with the gravity gun, and can't use any other weapons with. It sucks.

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
change the flag with a gadget and then change the CTF name to CTG (Capture The Gadget)
I hope that the flag will not change since it would not add anything new to the gameplay.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
LOOK! Even Quake 4 has done it!

[screenshot]http://www.planetquake.com/quake4/mp/maps/heartless2.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://www.planetquake.com/quake4/mp/maps/relativity1.jpg[/screenshot]

I want ut2k7's flag to kick it's arse. GO UT2K7!

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
I think updating the flag would be cool, because it is suppose to be like what... 2223 A.D. or something outrageous like that. I say make it holographic, but keep it on a flagpole. They could even make it a normal flag with some sort of animated holograph on the flag surface. At least then it would explain why you glow when you carry the darn thing.

Vault

May 29, 2005
i dont care what it is...i just want to be able to stab people with it!

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Neophoenix said:
I think updating the flag would be cool, because it is suppose to be like what... 2223 A.D. or something outrageous like that. I say make it holographic, but keep it on a flagpole. They could even make it a normal flag with some sort of animated holograph on the flag surface. At least then it would explain why you glow when you carry the darn thing.
And a holographic flag would explain how you could place it OVER your flag, and then have it returned to the enemy base as soon as you do.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Neophoenix said:

It's the 24th century according to UT (teh first game) and I don't mind those classic flags one bit.

Animation on the flag would rock though.

But no holographic flags. si teh suck.