Recent Map Packs?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Okay, here's the deal:

ctf-karnack
ctf-abydos
ctf-sgc
ctf-karnack_sgc
ctf-abydos_sgc
ctf-karnack_abydos

There are basically three maps here. karnack and abydos are egyptian themed maps (a la Horus). SGC is a warehouse (or Military Base as in Stargate) The maps with the _map name are remixes using a mirrored side from the map of the same name. (i.e ctf-karnack_sgc is a mix of half karnack, half sgc)

All of these maps have one thing in common, a single "Stargate" that connects all of the mirrored halves (like CTF-Gateways). So, if it drives you crazy that there is a single portal (albeit a huge one) that can act as a choke point, then this pack isn't for you.

ctf-abydos The better of the two Egyptian themed maps. Nicely built, a bit bright. Good item placement. My main gripe is the ability to run along the side walls, thus eliminating the need to traverse the middle section (which is quite good). Some nice stuff here.

ctf-karnack A darkly lit egyptian themed map. The lighting is predominantly purple and the skybox looks pretty cool (huge pyramids looming overhead). Very open and more plain than abydos. You can't run along the sides here, which is a plus IMHO.

ctf-sgc A Military base with a Stargate between the two sides (I don't get that). The cool part is that this is built very well. it's large enough to have fragging room, but small enough to feel real. There is breakable glass in the base and a nice warehouse in the back (including catwalks) where the flag is. Some people will hate the doors that swing outward...but hey...that's what standard doors do! :D

The best combination is abydos_sgc. The two sides are different and I think that makes a map interesting. For you anal "I like my maps symetrical" clan types :D, you'll probably like ctf-abydos the best.

I can see myself really enjoying these maps online. Good download.