UE2 - UT2kX Capping Number of Players/Bots allowed in map.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
I'm putting together a 2 - 4 player map (DM-4Way-TitanArena) for UT2004, and wondering how to make sure that this is capped so that way I only have up to four players spawn at any given time, with myself included. I'm not wanting any annoying bots that weren't supposed to be there spawn out of nowhere. Anyone know how to cap the number of bots/players in UE2? I was looking in all sorts of properties and actor infos, etc... Wonder where to find all this. I have four physical starting positions, that's a start, but wonder where to make sure that those only mean that one can spawn from those at a time.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Specify the desired number of players for your map in the level properties, then in Instant Action set bot count to map default. The editor just uses the in-game settings.

Also, you could just "killbots" and "addbots 4" or whatever number of bots you want to have.

Vicious3745

Oct 29, 2008
is there a way to uncap?
Curious question, because i made a map for 32 players once, but i couldn't get out 32 bots..