where's that toast thread gone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
just when I think this board is picking up a bit... someone goes & deletes their thread!!!!!!!!!
it mentioned someone being a major tarquin fan too! :( :(
bring back the 'tarquin toast' thread!

(i'll go on strike!!!!! kidding :p)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
ah.
/me breathes sigh of relief at possibility that I don't have leprosy after all. :)

only the torus brush? youch / eek / wow !

I thought of running some sort of mapmaking competition based on the Extruder... not a 'use only the ext.' thing -- that's just sadism, but maybe making a simple base myself as a starting point. But apart from hosting it on my site there wouldn't be much by way of a prize :hmm:

the inventor of C++ is a tarquin fan... seriously????

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Hm. vertex editing the torus could be tricky, unless it's something simple like lifting one half up to make a sort of bagel-with-filling. and then you'd need to set TubeAlignToside to true (or whatever I called it :) )
All the polys are 4-sided so you have to be very careful not to break planes. If they were all split into triangles there wouldn't be a problem.
I *think* the torus has the ability to triangulate its faces built in, but the option isn't accessible. I'll look into it.
There will be an update of the main pack... eventually :)
I should maybe start a thread for people to suggest tweaks to the builders.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Originally posted by Nuclear Fuzz Grunge
...Oh,...sorry,...tarquin,...it's in re-write. I basically wanted to compliment you on your imaginative brush creation efforts. I'm thinking of making a whole map using nothing but the torus shape. Kind of an alien theme. Maybe, with applications in psychiatric diagnostics. I'll report back.
Bjarne Stroustrup: Research Scientist for AT&T, invented the C++ Programming Language. Looks vaguely extraterrestrial.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Nuclear fuzz thing,I caught you making a reference to Psychiatry.!
NOw i'm almost sure you and nebulous person are only one person.
Admit it!
I don't care if this is 2 souls stuck in one body (these things happen.).

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Muhahahah.......

That's not a problem you know.
I have also a confidence to make you:In fact me and christoth are the same person too.