Film FX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
ok, we are to make a video about the civil war in my AP US history class. One of my friends is an amature film maker and is really good, he could get somewhere if he ever gets noticed. I need a few things before we start though

1. How do I make safe, effective, and cheap squibs for bullet wounds?

2. How do I make safe, effective, and cheap flash powder?

3. How do I make effective and cheap electric matches

4. I need good Civil War gun sounds (Neo especially, if you could create maybe 3-5 different average to good quality sounds from the time it would be great)

5. A good film editing software.

We are also going to be entering this into an amature film contest to see if we can cover costs and for exposure, so this must be good.

darksig.jpg

Legends Reborn
Project Leader/ Lead Artist
http://planetunreal.com/legends

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
LOL

I find it funny games are routinely attacked for creating more violent people but they never seem to care about what is being taught in history class. If anyone or anything has ever glorified violence, it would be every single history teacher I ever had, they sound like they are having an orgasm when they explain all the bloodiest details of battle. LOL, this country never ceases to amaze me. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done and I have no useful info to add darkliege, so carry on. :)

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
how to make a head shot 101.

need button, fishing line, makeup, mortitions was.

do gunshot makup to spot on forhead, tie fishline through button, hold button over makeup, cover with wax and powder to blend it in. the yank string.

some movies do it this way. if you watch passenger 57 there's a seen where they shoot a guy in the head, it's done this way.

scaring and major wounds is also done with mortitions wax in stage productions. you just build the areas around the wound up.

flashpowder is basically just magnesium powder. burns white and fast. have you thought of contacting a civil war reinactment group? they ususally use just blackpowder rifles with just wading and powder.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
So how are you going to do this?
If you bring anything that even remotly resembles a gun onto school property you will be expelled.
Boy aren't the anti-gun nuts in the faculty going to shit a brick ;)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
for electric matches try a model rocket ignitor deally. they work well.

a really easy bsic video software that i've used is avid cinema. there's also some video editing stuff that comes with the all-in-wonder 128 not shure about the radeon though. those are what i call cheap editors, basically title, music, extra adio track, and basic clip and rearage stuff.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

Video Zundy, not live action. None of this will be filmed anywhere close to the school. We have a field that we can go to to do the battle scenes.

We do this all the time, just 2 weeks ago we made a physics video in which we calculated stuff about a gunshot to my friend's chest. We used a painted black beretta capgun and overdubbed the pistol sound from golden eye (it was easier than getting it from a computer) we got the highest grade in the class, while it was extrememly bloody and violent. Don't worry, we can do this, just give us the info we need, pleeeassse?!?! :p

darksig.jpg

Legends Reborn
Project Leader/ Lead Artist
http://planetunreal.com/legends