part of my hand has been numb for a week now

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by FireSlash
the pinky finger down to the wrist, though the finger next to it is fine, and only the area under the pinky is numb... it wont go away :( anyone know why? :(

Defiantly go see a doc. if soemthing like that has been happening for multiple days with no relief then there may be something Seriously wrong.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Most people go to doctors for such problems...youve decided to come to a video game forum......

Here's my diagnosis...you've got cancer, I give you three to four days to live...of course the pain will become so unbearablely excruciating you will most likely commit suicide far before then. A little tip, as a courtesy to those you leave behind, put a painters drop cloth around your bed because tomorrow morning or maybe the morning after you will wake up bleeding from every open orifice on your body.

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Originally posted by L_S
Most people go to doctors for such problems...youve decided to come to a video game forum......

Here's my diagnosis...you've got cancer, I give you three to four days to live...of course the pain will become so unbearable you will most likely commit suicide far before then.

*snicker* ...perhaps he came here because of the most excellent advice you can give ,L_S...bwahahahahahahahahaa

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
I had a similar experience a couple years ago. I don't know what caused it, but it eventually went away after about a week or so. It would still be a smart idea to at least have a doctor check it out before you go make your funeral arangements! :p

T

Terminal {DTH}

probubly carpel tunnel. either from being in front of a computer to long using the keyboard OR some...other repetive wrist action...
if youre in puberty or just finished going Through it and either way dont have a gf that "puts out" i believe we all know what the reason for your problem is.
Leave it alone! :D

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Originally posted by FireSlash
the pinky finger down to the wrist, though the finger next to it is fine, and only the area under the pinky is numb... it wont go away :( anyone know why? :(
As some others have said, go and see a doctor.

In the meantime, it sounds similar to something I had. And trapped nerve could be it. The exersise to do is as follows:

Hold out the hand that has the problem as though you are about to shake hands with someone.

Swing it across the front of your body.

eg, if your right hand has the problem, then stretch it across your body to the left. your right hand would then be at hip level, poking to the left. Similar to if you were about to draw a sword [not Roman Legion short-sword] .. cross-drawing.

When you have got the position set up, stretch the arm and hand further in the direction that you have put it, as though you were going to stretch it right round your body, or further to the left, beyond your body.

The trick of stretching is that you will be giving the arm a progressive tweaking until you find the configuration that suits you.

Obviously, if it's your left arm that's hurting, then revewrse the instructions.

Reference: Richmond Hospital [Surrey UK] Physiotherapy Dept, c.1996.

I hope this is useful. But bottom line, please see a doctor.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
I got that

Numb pinky and part of the finger next to it.
Its a trapped nerve in my left elbow (from resting head on hand + elbow on table when surfing).
I have to have surgery - some ones can be relieved from anti-inflammatory injections.

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
i now know what caused it.
i just realised it after playing another game of UT. that side of my hand rests on the fairly sharp part of the desk. cuts off all the circulation after a while. i bet if i take a break from games it might go away.... i havent playted UT dince yesterday and its already a bit better.