about the New Jersy Battleship...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
I heard someone was making a Battleship Map called New Jersy.

Can you Update me on the release date?

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
Howdy,

That'd be me. Head on over to http://www.geocities.com/duprethemapper/ for some screenshots. Work is still in progress on the interior.. I just finished the CIC and two adjacent rooms, but RL has taken a chunk of my time away recently. I couldn't even begin to think up a release date. So sit tight and I'll keep at it.

Regards..

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Looking very cool!!

I don't know how you're handling the water now, but I recommend that you make it the kind you sink into and die instead of the kind you can swim in. You wouldn't want snipers swimming out into the ocean and taking potshots at people on board.

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
please release a DM and CTF version for us all to evjoy!

C.E.R.T. Boy

Warden of the UMC Nuthouse
Oh My God another Jersey Boy perhaps

Dupre,

What an awsome looking map! The scale and detail is amazing. Take your time, but keep at this map. I've compared the pics of BadKarma's "USS Missouri" map to yours and I hate to say it but your's beat the hell out of Pat's so far. The number and placement of the 50 cals will make for some awsome choke points as long you make routs around them throught the superstructure so that play doesnt bog down too much. (Don't critics just chaff your ass!?!)
As an original native of Bergen County I have to appreciate your choice of subject as well.

Keep it up dude your doing great!

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
Dupre - That map is sweet. Any chance we'll be seeing this in the beta maps section?

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
There's a very good chance of that.

The schedule is as follows for the map:

1. getting the basic map layout done (brushes mainly)
2. interactives (bot pathnodes, items, and triggerable things)
3. texturing & lighting

I figure after step 1, the first beta will be released for people to test and comment on.

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I can't be bothered looking for a render, but I did a 3D USS Missouri a while back. Turned out better then I could have dreamed. Looked great. Someone once asked me to import the model into UEd so it could be made a map. Unfortunately I didn't have a poly count in mind when I modelled it and it's somewhere around the 300,000 poly mark. Maybe in Unreal Warfare. ;)

owlofdoom

Mar 18, 2000
derailer:
yeah, 3dsmaxk is expensive.
btw, does anybody know a goot tut site for it?

dupre: DEAR GOD! make a dm, a dom, a ctf, and an assault!

i would love to see that as an assualt--drop off on the helipad, nuke a couple of towers, and get picked up by the chopper

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
That's a pretty tight model. I'm doing the same thing for my map using a plastic 1:350 scale model and a ruler, although the level of detail isn't anywhere close to 300,000 polys. I noticed your's is a pre-1950's era version with the aft observation plane catapults and crane. Nice.

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Yep, the good old original loadout. The pic I posted doesn't begin to show the detail I used. It's got small .50 cal MGs all over it, stairs around the sides, etc. It's EXACTLY like the scale model I have to the tinniest bump. If someone wants I can post some zoomed in shots.

BTW there's lots of tut's at www.3dcafe.com.

DeathAid

Hmm what's that red dot doing here?
Nov 18, 2000
Dupre Please respond

Ok this may just sound like I'm trying to get map early but please continue to read. I'm currently working at PPPL(Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory) which is a Department of Enegry Lab in the visualization lab. Tomorrow(June 19, 2001) someone high up is coming and we are going to be "showing off" the display wall(runs UT at 4800x3200) and want a really nice map to show. Since the lab is in New Jersey me and some of the other members of the visualization lab staff want to know if we could have copy to fly around to show. Again I know this sounds like I'm just trying to get the map early but I can only say that I'm not, so if you could either mail me a link or the map it would be appreciated, and if not I fully understand. So if yes send to mpaglior@pppl.gov