Know what woulda been cool?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Had you made a post announcing the release of 2.8 as being succesfully beta tested and ready for play, only to have the download link go to a seemingly legitimate page that only contained the words "Happy April Fools day, suckers."

It would have been very mean, too. But you all woulda had a laugh.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Now, now, that would just be in poor taste. My face would look like -
pukey.gif
ad:

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
their actual april fools joke was good though, you'd never believe how many people actually fall for that kinda stuff. =) looks like they took a cue from www.somethingawful.com and all that.

Neat. Though a fake mod release woulda been betta =)

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
wanna know the best part? it'll backfire on them and inf boards will now be swamped with dumb newbies asking even more stupid<er> questions hahahaha!

I don't think an elitist stance is a good one...the newbies should be welcomed and trained, only then can they become Infiltrators. More Infiltrators means more support, which means that the Infiltration team gets more notice because they are helping UT's sales even more, and also that they (and the community behind them) are taking a mature approach to letting everyone remain young at heart. Don't cut on the newbies, once they get the hang of it they can be every bit as knowledgable and cool as you. You weren't born playing Infiltration were you? No? Then you must have been a newbie also, at some point. Don't take this the wrong way please, but also be aware that what you said (regarding stupid newbies) while it may be cool to you, can only hinder the progress of this very cool mod. If you expect to flourish you can not shut people out simply because they are new to something. Isn't that what we want more people playing Infiltration, more support, more servers, more recognition for the Infiltration crew...ah hell this is getting circular now, but you get the point, right?

------------------
That would be me...gettin' fragged.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I agree, Advance Reconnaisance is a much cooler title.

Anyways, as for stupid newbies, their are stupid newbies in the sense that all newbies are stupid and must be hazed in by being berated (and hey man, don't argue, its a right of passage - like a university or military hazing,) and then there are stupid newbies...

"y0 m4n d1s m0d 0wnz3rz, y0! m4k3 1t l1k3 cs wh3r3 j00 c3n by 0th3r w3ps n stuf, k?! t4nx LOLOLOLOLOlOlOOLlolOlOLOL!!!11!!!1!1!@@@"

See what I mean?

Toysrme

Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
i'm not dissing newbies, god knows the 1st post i posted was congratulating the team on 2.6, and me wanting to know if they'd add something or another(it was a good idea but i 4got it=( wasn't a gun or something i think it was a morat turret, something along the lines of that)

but the fact of the matter is is that i'm poking fun at the infamous newbie questions that get beat to death on this forum, right b4 a new version, that alittle reading back on the forum(new OR old one) could have solved

heh, good analogy mojo it's perfect=)

it's always best when some1's first post contains:
A) raves
B) nothing to do with weapons
b/c quite frankly, most of us enjoy shooting those posts down heh, not on the 0 posters, but more like on the 15-30 posters=)

all in good fun tho(accept for the fricking can i have a ************)

Toysrme

Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
i'm not dissing newbies, god knows the 1st post i posted was congratulating the team on 2.6, and me wanting to know if they'd add something or another(it was a good idea but i 4got it=( wasn't a gun or something i think it was a more like turret, something along the lines of that, don't remembe which turret idea that was)

but the fact of the matter is is that i'm poking fun at the infamous newbie questions that get beat to death on this forum, right b4 a new version, that alittle reading back on the forum(new OR old one) could have solved

heh, good analogy mojo it's perfect=)

it's always best when some1's first post contains:
A) raves
B) nothing to do with weapons
b/c quite frankly, most of us enjoy shooting those posts down heh, not on the 0 posters, but more like on the 15-30 posters=)

all in good fun tho(accept for the fricking can i have a ************, and when's **************** comming out)
and who thought up infiltrator? that's not what infiltration is about LoL!
(unless of cource that's what the team *wants* to call us that then it's cool)

heh paralax your trying abit 2 hard to convict me on something i don't belive in LoL! exactly what i did to mojo LoL! sorry my jigga

<blah> u sucked me in pretty good=) heh the quickest way tho is to shoot more than a burst at me on a FF+ server tho... ugh! i hate friendly fire in the hands of stupid people =(

(now watch and be amased at my amasing getting-sidetracked-skills)

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Hehehe... its true, Toysrme... goddam psychic bastard. GET OUT OF MY TEETH!!!

This is just one of those days. For breakfast I had french fries and milk, I had 3/4 pound of bacon, 3 eggs, and 4 toasts, and some apple juice for supper, I had 5 bowls of cereal for lunch, and I slept for five hours in the after noon. These are not normal habits.

I am not a normal person.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
MAKE IT JUST LIKE CS!!!! CUZ CS RULZ!!! IF YOU COULD DO THAT, IT WOULD JUST ROCK!!! CUZ CS OWNZ!!!

Yeah, I guess I can relate to how that can become annoying. But you have to remember, some of these guys are just young and exuberant, and get really excited about new games in development. So they want to express their excitement. Also, they are used to being around forums, and chats within games, where you see this type of statement being made in every other post. Personally, I find it hard to get this excited about much of anything, but at least it's good to see some enthusiasm out there. Ahhh. To be that young again.....

Whoa, where was I... Oh yeah, there IS a difference between stupidity and ignorance, and for that matter, youthful enthusiasm. So I usually try to refer to them as ignorant and not stupid or dumb. And I hate it when someone talks to me in a condescending manner, just because my post count is below 10.

That didn't really happen here, and it's this type of overall mature attitude, that allows me to enjoy this forum so much. I hope it stays this way, when INF gets more into the mainstream with it's inevitable success. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Hopefully, we can take it upon ourselves to keep this forum as cool as it currently is. But maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Mr. T, now you've gone and made me remember why I idolized you as a child...

You had a mohawk and wore feathers from your ears, you were covered in gold, and to top it off you were a fugitive war veteran with the Alpha-Team that didn't act anything like war vet. You acted more like an idiot just so the children's demographic could get into the Nielsons...

But that's not the point of my post. If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face. And you gotta admit, there's some pretty heavy stupidity sometimes, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Sometimes I'd like to abandon what I read in the forums in favor of doing something more cerebral, like going to hunt for my next meal . . . by stuffing my index finger two inches into my right nostril.

Crude analogy, yes. But so, so true.

Man, I remember you used to hate flying... you were so damn scared of it... and then they'd drug you and you'd wake up in some foreign country, trying to kill Hannibal or Murdock.

Damn I miss that show. That and the Twilight Zone (the b&w version)... but I used to call it the Toilet Zone for some reason. Most likely because I was 6 years old.

[This message has been edited by Bad.Mojo (edited 04-02-2000).]

Toysrme

Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
now yall lookie here. i was telling the trueth in a joking manner(how i wanted 2 come acorss)

but you'll also note that i don't go by the # by your name, altho i would like to see vetren attained at like post 100, and every100 posts have a new lvl, and i do make fun of them(but only the dumb 1's)

but you'll note that in the past i've been the 1st person to congratulate afew<read 3 or 4> newbies on excelent posts and ideas, and wishing them well in inf.

any1 that wants to argue with me can kiss my arse LoL!
i know yall are defending the new populaton, it's not like we were never that bad, but shizip yall... also remember that we we're even more happy about INF and we DIDN'T act like abunch of no-knowing asses, posting stupid things over and over agin=)

actually if u look around the boards and see all the older members, and look at what they posted about in their beginnings here, they<read we> were NOT that bad

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
Hey, the A-team kicks ass, especially sinse no one dies /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I read a good Mr. T book recently. It was about a little girl own worshipped her bike. Then Mr. T comes to town and teaches her a lesson on worshipping items. You will have to read the book to find out the ending...

...hmm, a little off topic

------------------
What is your major malfunction, numbnuts?!!
Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough
attention when you were a child?!!!
*BANG* -FMJ

Toysrme

Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
A-team comes on 2:30pm
and 10:30-11:00, weekdays on TV land=)

hey, they finaly got Airwolf on 2 heh... i remember that from when i was little, it kicked ass LoL!