Fraghouse monsters giving too much exp with UT2004RPG

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
I'm running a UT2004RPG server that has fraghouse invasion as one of the game modes (just recently added), and now everyone plays it cause the monsters there give up to 500 exp for one kill. This is really messing up my level-up system, does anyone have any suggestions? I already lowered the number of monsters and increased their health multiplier a lot, but I need a way to lower the actual exp they give.

Thanks

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
Well, changing the 'EXP Multiplier' to a lower value seems to decrease the experience...although unless I interpreted it wrong, I don't know why...Also, the awareness ability in RPG causes the monsters' health bars to be insanely long when your health multiplier is below 15 or so. (or not 1.)

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
heheman3000 said:
the awareness ability in RPG causes the monsters' health bars to be insanely long
I think Monster Manger could be used to sort that as it allows the player to choose from no display, %-age, bar or hit points. However, it does (IIRC) render purchasing awareness nugatory.

There is some mild (but resolvable) key binding conflict with the default RPG artifact selection. I found assigning next/previous artifact to something like H & J solved the problem.

Deathadder might be able to shed more light on this as he has gone through the process of integrating MM with FHI. I have the impression that he is much in favour of using MM for ease of ... well ... er ... managing monsters.

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
That isn't my biggest worry, my biggest worry is that some monsters in fraghouse give on the order of 10^4 experience per kill, while all the others are still along at 1-10....It is really messing up the system.

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
DeathAdder, can you tell me how you managed to remove those monsters from your FHI, and what monsters they were (Mini-Titan or rabbit?) i tried using monster manager yesterday but could not get it to work via webadmin (I can't use the in-game because I terminal to a dedicated server)

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Oh, yea, I forgot to mention that the rabbit is one of the high EXP, and so is KillerCow and Mini Titan.

How do you normally configure your waves? I do use monster manager, and can configure the waves for whatever monsters I have loaded on the server. You just need to load the new FHI monsters in the monster manager monster table.

If you haven't used monster manager before, then you should get help from Obscenery. I can give you here the Fraghouse list to include in Monster Manager.

MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Small Cow",MonsterClassName="FHI.Smallcow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Combat Titan",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_CombatTitan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Demon Nali",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_DemonNali",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Dirt Man",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_DirtMan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Craft",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_EnemyCraft",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Fighter",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_EnemyFighter",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Raptor",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_EnemyRaptor",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Skaarj",MonsterClassName="FHI.MOnster_EnemySkaarj",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Flesher",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_EnemyFlesher",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Ghost",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Ghost",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Ice Man",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_IceMan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Marphorus",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Marphorus",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Mercenary",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Mercenary",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] MiniQueen",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Miniqueen",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] MiniTitan",MonsterClassName="FHI.MOnster_MiniTitan",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Sandman",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Sandman",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Skaarj Trooper",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_SkaarjTrooper",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Skaarj Officer",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_SkaarjOfficer",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Skeleton",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Skeleton",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=True)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Small Cow",MonsterClassName="FHI.Smallcow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Electric Henchman",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_ElectricHenchman",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Flak Soldier",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_FlakSoldier",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Guardian",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Guardian",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Jaghra",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Jaghra",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Shock Soldier",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_ShockSoldier",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Solid Shot",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_SolidShot",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] WereBeast",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Werebeast",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Zombie",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Zombie",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Spider",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Spider",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] SpikeBall",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Spikeball",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Suicide Rabbit",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_SuicideRabbit",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Trogg",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Trogg",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Assassin",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Assassin",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Hunter Skaarj",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_HunterSkarrj",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Ictus",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_Ictus",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Warlord",MonsterClassName="FHI.ImprovedWarlord",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Grenade Krall",MonsterClassName="FHI.Monster_GrenadeKrall",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Fat Cow",MonsterClassName="FHI.FatCow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] Killer Cow",MonsterClassName="FHI.KillerCow",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)
MonsterTable=(MonsterName="[FHI] FHI Behemoth",MonsterClassName="FHI.ImprovedBehemoth",bUseMonster=True,bUseGibReduction=False)

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
I'm so confused...I am thinking I take what is in monstermanager_rename.ini, take out the other monsters, and add that to the monstermanager.ini...? And why did you give me a list of monsters with the problematic ones included, I don't get it. Do you use AIM/ICQ/MSN/Yahoo messenger, so I could talk to you?

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I don't use any of that stuff. Obscenery is the one who can help you with MOnster manager. Look up his thread on the atari forums. Sometimes I am on irc.enterthegame.com #fraghouse.

I gave you the full list just in case you do want to use the problematic monsters for a special occasion. When you use the webadmin, you can select any monster you want for any wave. Have you used satoremonsterpack webadmin before? the monstermanager webadmin works the same. You need to keep [skaarj] and [smp] monsters in that monster table list in monster manager. I'm not sure what other monster mutators you have loaded, but you might want to keep them too.

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
Yes, I have used the SMP webadmin. I loaded all the UT2, SMP, and the list of FHI you gave me into the monstermanager.ini. The Monster manager webadmin is so much more complicated, though.

I don't know if this might be it, but I checked the thing that gives different FHI maps different monsters. Will I have to disable that and configure the FHI waves to have none of the problem monsters?

By the way, I'm only planning to use MM for FHI, because all the other invasions I've configured seem to work :p

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
heheman3000 said:
I don't know if this might be it, but I checked the thing that gives different FHI maps different monsters. Will I have to disable that and configure the FHI waves to have none of the problem monsters?

I'm pretty sure that you will have to configure the FHI waves. They are a separate set of waves in the ini file. I kinda like that, and you will too. Of course, monster manager webadmin will work for whichever gametype you have running at the current time.

Just in case you get more ambititious with Monster Manager, I do have problems with the webadmin of Monster manager assigning the configurable damage, health, etc. I see that you have replied to Obsceneries thread. He will help you. If he isn't quite as responsive as you hoped, then it's because he is finalizing a new patch to monster manager.

heheman3000

Jan 20, 2005
In your monster table, you have Maphorus and HunterSkaarj spelt wrong (Marphorus and HunterSkarrj) and flesher doesn't exist. Just to let you know.