Got a map but cant submit it anywere. (ut2003).

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

PURITy Kin

Oct 26, 2003
Benalla, Vic, Australia.
Visit site
Finally, My first map for UT2003 is finished. after a weeks of playing and testing and testing and playing, its finally perfect... well... as close as i can be bothered getting it.

DM-AMPHI.

My problem is, i cant login on nali city, and i cant re-regester.. i cant login or reregester becouse it says my user name needs to have "a-z" charicrters... but i dont understand.. why i cant login.. whatever... i dont know what the problem is.

apart from nali city, how to i get a map out to the world?

i tryed sending it to ut2003files.com also, but my cheap-ass hotmail account wont let me send more then a meg or so... so unless i can ftp it somwere (when i can login to there website), i have no way of submitting a map?

suggestions?

Tim. :)

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Try using the user name PURITy_Kin with no spaces...
might work for you.
Be sure the map is all zipped up and ready to go.:tup:

PURITy Kin

Oct 26, 2003
Benalla, Vic, Australia.
Visit site
ok... ive finally managed to regester and login...

ive since discovered another problem... i got no idea what FTP is... how do i work it?

do i need another program or can i do it through mozillafirebird or ie6?

i think i should be able to figure it out form there.

thanx heaps rukee.
Tim.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
an ftp is a file transfer protocol. basically this means that you can use an ftp program to upload your map. if I remember correctly then there is an optin to upload your map via your favourite webbrowser.

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
you can use the demo of "cute ftp" for 30 day its a quick cheap way to do it. I bought it after the 30 days Its a nice easy to use program and cheap.

ThomRed

Fire Fly
Mar 5, 2003
NJ
It takes some time before it goes up, but not more then a week. Did you remember to clame the map?