GROUND BRANCH - BFS 2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It's Takedown andy. ;)

Yeah, it's like an outburst. No tac games for years and suddenly two of them on the radar.

The "groundbranch.com" site is up and stores lots information. Oh man, I read the parts that explain realism and had to think how Infiltration was really a pioneer in the realism game department. INF may have never been a good tactical shooter like Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon, but the depth of realism mechanics was unparalleld for over a decade! Thankfully Ground Branch walks the same path and we INFers will get something worthy.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Great to see they're always alive.
So finally, after a long hiatus in the genre, there may finally be some tactical shooters coming.

I remember that at some point Beppo , INF coder hero, joined Blackfoot Studios, but after their 1st out of money folding, i don't know anymore, is he always a part of this ?

andy_kosela

Jul 31, 2011
If Beppo could code for them once again, I would definetly sponsor this project.. We all need to do it. This *can* be the real INF 3.0.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Last I heared Beppo moved away from Ground Branch and is not coming back. I only wonder if it has to do with the game or BFS itself, or if there are just personal reasons.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Last I heared Beppo moved away from Ground Branch and is not coming back. I only wonder if it has to do with the game or BFS itself, or if there are just personal reasons.
From what he posted a while ago, Beppo had sort of a burnout. He's wasn't happy with his real life job at the time and he had some personal issues stressing.

With the kickstarter coming, hopefully producing a good run, i hope that Beppo gets involved again with the community and the game. Maybe he could make some cool mutators in the future! ;)

Last edited:

krisredbeard

The Redbeardyist
90330f59_justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I hope your wallet showed it's disinterest in this aswell. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, long times I promised John to gather all INFers and let us, united, support Ground Branch. I failed, this forum is deserted.

I reached out to the Infiltration STEAM group and dropped some spam. If you guys know ways to promote Ground Branch and the Kickstarter campaign, please do.

We need to have this game, it's Infiltration 3.0. If you want it, than unfortunately you have to lay down some coins, or at least terrorize your gamer buddies with it.

andy_kosela

Jul 31, 2011
Yes I agree Psychomporph... It's really a historical moment for the real military simulators enthusiasts. In my opinion it will be just like INF with updated graphics...

I'm going to spam about it too...

PS> Someone should post it on ARMA forums... This is a huge fanbase.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes I agree Psychomporph... It's really a historical moment for the real military simulators enthusiasts. In my opinion it will be just like INF with updated graphics...
I kind of see GB to be where I wanted INF to go. INF was excellent in any way, but to me it was like the first step on a journey, which it unfortunately never undertook.

PS> Someone should post it on ARMA forums... This is a huge fanbase.
There is, or was. I heared they locked it, because they saw it as advertising for another commercial product, or so.

Sssh, I've not told it yet.

I've asked if we can get it on the BU news page (it is UE3-powered after all...). The little-known Inf Facebook group might be a good place to start too, I see a few old INFers hanging around there.
Hehe, I PMed hal and Sir_Brizz just yesterday asking the same, with the same UE3 argument. I hope they do it.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Hey I saw this on spikednation and knew I needed to head over here. Looks neat. Sad to hear Beppo isn't onboard anymore. That's a bit of a strike against it. I'll reserve judgement until newer videos with better features come out.

I"m thinking of getting back into INF coop again. I'll troll around for info on how to get things set up again.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe