WTC to sophiscated for BEN?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SGT.Peelover

Feuer Frei .... BANG! BANG!
Apr 16, 2001
Bayarea, CAlifornia
Visit site
I Remember all of Ben Ladin attacks and I remember Dan Rather interview with him. This does not look like his style. Hudam Husane is not a "hijack a plan carsh into WTC". He is more like "give you sone nerve gas and watch you die" guy. It is never the asians. That leaves U.S. militia or some Latins but their to cooked up on the cocaine for this. Remember the Terrorist had pilot training for a big plane. And thats something Ben and Hudam dont have great access to.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Actually, one of the reasons that Osama bin Laden is a suspect is the he has been training suicide pilots who would've been capable of flying passenger aircraft like the 757 and 767.

-Keiichi

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Besides, this is not that sophisticated an attack.

Get 4 trained airline pilots who agree with your cause, or buy a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 and you should have enough skill to hit a building.

Next get 8 other committed guys who can fight.

Buy a few ceramic knives

Study the flight schedules.

Pick your flights

buy your tickets

there you go...easy as pie and only 12-15 people and a couple thousand dollars involved.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
The sophistication being talked about is not HOW it was done, but rather the apparently precise timing and the choice of targets. The WTC is(was) a symbol as well as being an important economic target..the fact that it stuck out highest in the NYC skyline didn't hurt either. The Pentagon is the seat of most of the military leaders. These two targets werecarefully selected. I personally don't think it's any militia groups in the U.S., my main reason being that they have never shown a propensity for committing suicide, they have ALWAYS tried to escape. They also could have just used car bombs...planes were used because they were probably the only explosive instruments the terrorist could get their hands on..this leads me to beleive that the terrorists were NOT living in the U.S. That's my take on the situation.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
didn't they allready try a car bomb in the WTC before?
Maybe they just thought they needed bigger bombs. Can't really get biger then a 767...

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Well, who ever did it DID need a lot of money and intelligence. Those planes are pretty hard to fly right, but I guess that new simulator might work. But you do need someone with great intelligence to be able to pull off a calculated attack like this. It sounds like there were Americans or american-like people involved on the hijacks.

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
It is more complicated than you seem to be taking into account. For example, did you know they put US Marshals onto flights? The terrorists had to know which flights didn't have them on.