DM-Aquiel

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Markie

Oct 19, 2001
I just finished my third map, DM-Aquiel. It's nothing spectacular
but I'd appreciate it if some of you could give it a try and let me
know what you think. :)

You can get the map here.

And here are a couple of screenshots:

Aquiel1.jpg

Aquiel2.jpg

Aquiel3.jpg

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Very well polished. Texture alignment on wooden crossbeams, and curved walls could use some touch. Maybe use a differen't wall texture on parts of the map. Very solid, but it was somewhat empty.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
Nice map. Could do with some more eye-candy as the walls look a little plain. Those orange lens flares are nasty :/ Also could do with being a touch darker all round an creating more shadows.

Hmm, looks a bit negative that. I don't mean to be as it's a great looking/playing map. Just needs a few finishing touches.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Not bad...

Not too bad really. Layout takes some playing to remember. Architecture seems to be done alright, but architecture isn't my field. I noticed a spot for a torch, but there's no flame, it's in the pic below. Texturing and lighting is pretty good, the orange flares didn't bother me much, but they could be done better. Item placement is great, there's not too much, but you still have to manage your munition. All around I think it's good, could still have some improvements.

faderide

Far beyond driven
I liked it alot better with full load of 16 bots, didn't have enough action for my tastes with the recommended 10-12 players.
The roomy z-axis and drop down areas made for great fraggin'.
Don't know if I like the glass....kind of seems to hurt the theme.
Seems to be textured and cut well, and has some good architecture.
I'd tweak the theme, add finishing touches and release.

oh yeah.......skybox is very nice!:cool:

Last edited:

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
In that pic AMmayhem posted, i think the cross timbers on that wooden beam should have their grains go in the same direction as the edges. Ya know what I mean?
Ya know everytime I see one of these types of DM's it makes me want to do one, I've never made a big one, and don't really have the time to now. Maybe I'll fiddle with it someday.