Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
Yeah, i have. Dont know what all the fuss was about really, its pretty average so far.

Run around corridors shooting nazis, then run around corridors shooting zombies and mummies. Hardly ground-breaking stuff. Maybe it'll get better later on.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Yeah, not revolutionary. However, the multiplayer is pretty intriguing, becasue its basically always assault. Another MP mode is a domination variant.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Multiplayer I heard was alot of fun. I tried playing the multiplayer test but that wouldnt work. :(

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by MetalMickey
Yeah, i have. Dont know what all the fuss was about really, its pretty average so far.

Run around corridors shooting nazis, then run around corridors shooting zombies and mummies. Hardly ground-breaking stuff. Maybe it'll get better later on.
Sounds like I expected it to be :
I told you so ... ;) :p

Any idea if there's going to be a single-player demo ?

And are there any decent bots in multiplayer ?

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
Pretty far into the *very average* game. It doesnt suck you in at all! The graphics are not groundbreaking, the gameplay is very dull, no suprises whatsoever. Shoot this, steal that, blow it up, blablabla...
If you were to buy a fps for this year you better get No One Lives Forever or Undying. Both MUCH better in *all* expects!

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
I thought the idea behind the game was to relive the original with standard (or sub-standard being it's using the Q3 engine) graphics. Sure, the graphics aren't better than Doom 3, but they're certainly better than the original. It's a tongue-in-cheek game, people.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Pretty far into the *very average* game. It doesnt suck you in at all! The graphics are not groundbreaking, the gameplay is very dull, no suprises whatsoever. Shoot this, steal that, blow it up, blablabla...

If you were to buy a fps for this year you better get No One Lives Forever

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? :con:

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I haven't seen any signs of bots for multiplayer - odd now that I think about it.

The enemy AI is pretty nice. They duck for cover, sound alarms, investigate if they think they see you. Unfortunately, there haven't been too many surprises so far, but I'll keep after it.

G-Fresh

Red
Aug 6, 2001
Western Mancunia
Well, I thought NOLF had below par graphics and didn't do anything new at all. I admit it was fun to play, but it was a pretty average game overall. I definitely wouldn't call it one of the best FPS's I've played. Each to his own I guess ;)

As for RTCW, I'll think I'll wait for the SP demo before deciding to fork out for it

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
grrr....;)

and what about the beginning, defending that deaf guy who keeps losing his dime, or the guy who wants to sell his monkey all game long, brilliant!
But let's talk Undying, cause WOW! That was one freaking gooooood game. Absolutely horrifying! Anyone got it?

Last edited:

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I'm buying rtcw for it's multiplayer. How many online maps are there?
Undying never does it for me. It's fun for a while but not that scary. NOLF however rocks big time.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Beach = mp_beach
Depot = mp_depot
Village = mp_village
Das Boot = mp_sub
Communique = mp_base
Assault = mp_assault
Castle = mp_castle
Destruction = mp_destruction

I think they can be played for objectives or as a domination like game.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
thx Monk o_O
8 mp maps... considering the beachmap didn't even get a little repetitive, it's gonna be a long while.