Compiling scripts with no error checking?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silver5123

Sep 14, 2003
Anytime I create scripts, it gives me the error:

Error: C:\...\Core\Classes\Object.uc(1) : Error, Missing 'Class' definition

Which is wierd since I can still play the game. If I use WOTGreal Exporter or UTPT I can see most of the code (other than the few bugs it has with native functions and for/while/do loops), so I know its there. I believe the code is in some way "hidden".

So, instead, what I would like to know is a way to compile scripts (through UnrealEd, ucc make, or a third party compiler) without the compiler checking for errors (if it is even possible). I haven't had any luck searching the internet.

Thanks.

Silver5123

Sep 14, 2003
Wormbo said:
It's a bit strange that the compiler complains about something in the Core package, be cause you should never compile default packages

Sorry, I think you misunderstood (or I phrased it wrong).

If I make a simple program like:

Code:
class something extends Actor

defaultproperties
{
}

And do ucc make, it says that there is no class definitions for object.uc (because something extends Actor, which extends Object, in which there is no class definition). I haven't edited any of the original .u files, and the game still runs fine.

If I use UnrealEd to export all the classes they are all blank, only showing defaultproperties, no code, but if I use WOTGreal or UTPT I can see the code in all the packages. This makes me think that the code in the .u files is hidden. But either way, I just need a way to compile without it looking for errors, if its possible.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
You may want to mention what game this is for? Sounds like Raven Shield or similar, I know that you can't export the classes from that - all you get is empty defaults and not much else.

Silver5123

Sep 14, 2003
ChainsawMonkey said:
You may want to mention what game this is for? Sounds like Raven Shield or similar, I know that you can't export the classes from that - all you get is empty defaults and not much else.

Yes, its for Raven Shield, but still, that has little to do with it. I just want to compile without it checking for all the superclasses.

JamesKilton

UA Coder
Oct 6, 2002
Everywhere and Nowhere
Visit site
Yes, it has a lot to do with it. You're not the first person that's mentioned this error. There seems to be some type of obfusication in Raven Shield that prevents modding.

As for just compiling w/out checking for superclasses, I have never heard of being able to do that. It just doesn't sound like it would be a good idea if it was possible, though.

Last edited:

Silver5123

Sep 14, 2003
Well, there have been people who have compiled scripts for Raven Shield (TAT_Neo, r00t316), so there has to be a way around it.

I've asked both of them and the only answers I get is that they gave their word they wouldn't tell anyone.

Silver5123

Sep 14, 2003
[SAS]Solid Snake said:
If UbiSoft didn't want people to mod their game, then they will do things like this. Again those people probably either changed the UCC compiler or some other illegal method. I don't know how to do it myself ...

Well, actually, while it was being developed they kept saying that user created mods would be possible.

Of course, after it was released they said the "SDK" will be released in December.

Anyways, if they are bypassing it by some illegal way, then I guess I'll just wait until December.

-=[MAD]=-Hmpf

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
ChainsawMonkey said:
I had no problems getting the source...

it's true that you can't export it...
but with the advanced exporter of WoTGreal you can easily decompile the .u Files. (took me about 10 minutes to find that out)