Animation taunts while moving.How?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TraCK

Amateur Sketch
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas City
I've searched the forum many times over under many search terms but still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for: I've seen several players do animation taunts while moving and playing. I know it has something to do with tweaking your ini aliases and key assignments but I really don't know exactly how. Can someone please explain?
Thanks and again I'm sorry if this question has already been answered.

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
do it via ini after say your forwardmovent key put | taunt pthrust some crap like that... however it's banned in all competitive events so it's not worth the time.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Here's a simple allias or some crap
(Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=+300.0 | taunt RandomTaunt",Alias="MoveForward")
but I agree it's not worth the time if all you do is play in pro competitive events.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
There goes f&m assuming everyone plays competitively again.

I have it set to taunt every time I fire. Only comes through some of the time due to the weapon firing animation taking over, but it works really well with some weapons, and I get a mix of the firing animation and the taunt, which can be pretty humorous.

LeftMouse=Fire | RandomTaunt

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
You might want to take a look at [url="http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=136043]this[/url] thread, its about all the available taunts you can do.

fresh&minty said:
do it via ini after say your forwardmovent key put | taunt pthrust some crap like that... however it's banned in all competitive events so it's not worth the time.
Out of all the players maybe 10% play competitive, the other 90% play for fun, they want to have a laugh, so it is worth the time.

Last edited:

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Just don't go to TDM or 1v1 servers like Fractionary, where people are playing competitively or you might get kicked, because it messes up some people's concentration. Some people don't care, but it can end up as an excuse for some player to release his gaming frustrations by chatting offensively towards you.

WileyPeyote

Dazed in UT
Jul 26, 2000
A hole in PA
wiley.clanservers.com
The taunting while moving is the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Please for the love of all that is holy, Don't do it! I stopped playing ut for a month when they started doing that and I always leave a server when someone is doing it unless I can kick them. I'm surprised not more people in 2k4 are doing it. It might be ok in ONS or AS but in any kind of DM it is extremely annoying and distracting.

Smurfzilla

Oct 5, 2002
yomomshouse.com
Getting rockets shot at you, or flak hurled at you isn't distracting? A little pelvic thrust or two makes it so you can't concentrate? I think you have some homo-erotic tendencies, that you may need to investigate.

Nothing is funnier then seeing someone dodge and hammer kill someone, only to see it followed up by the "how'd ya like that" ass smack. Ask yourself this question... is it the pelvic thrust you dislike so much, or getting hamma killed ?

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
Well, having pthrust bound to an unused mouse key is one thing. But binding it to a movement key is only acceptable in a less competitive setting. The sexual thrust after a shield kill would kick a lot more ass if it was purposely executed by the pistoner. When the demo was only out, I used to bind taunts to movement keys and pistoned whored Rankin doing inane dodge jumps off walls and trying to get melee headshots with lg. But when you play with clanners or on decent 1v1 servers and care about getting a positive net, having it bound to the same key as a commonly used fire or movement isn't acceptable, I learned the hard way D:

Last edited:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
$MP$-Smurfzilla© said:
Getting rockets shot at you, or flak hurled at you isn't distracting? A little pelvic thrust or two makes it so you can't concentrate? I think you have some homo-erotic tendencies, that you may need to investigate.

Nothing is funnier then seeing someone dodge and hammer kill someone, only to see it followed up by the "how'd ya like that" ass smack. Ask yourself this question... is it the pelvic thrust you dislike so much, or getting hamma killed ?
LMA:lol: :tup:

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
There goes f&m assuming everyone plays competitively again.

I have it set to taunt every time I fire. Only comes through some of the time due to the weapon firing animation taking over, but it works really well with some weapons, and I get a mix of the firing animation and the taunt, which can be pretty humorous.

LeftMouse=Fire | RandomTaunt

No I don't think everybody does.

However I do find that rules/settings used in competitive events are there for a GOOD reason, and it's worth following.

A good example would be server settings and tick rates, security settings, and various stuff like that. These are put in place after extensive testing because it makes things better.

there is the added fact that these rules are not only the standard competitively, but in pugs, and a large amount of pubs. Case in point, if you are seen binding taunts to movements in pugs, your banned, and several pub admins wouldn't hesitate to ban your ass and inform other admins to ban you either.

So competitive or not, it spills out.

Smurfzilla

Oct 5, 2002
yomomshouse.com
Those smiley faces on flak bombs should be banned too. Everytime I see one, I feel this subliminal urge to put my face in front of one... just to get a better view.

Viva la pthrust !

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Turns2Ashes said:
Those damn models that flip on a double jump are too distracting. Those models should be declared unacceptable. :p
What's even worse are those damn Skaarj in Unreal and UT. Those were soooo fscking annoying whenever they dodged, it was like they were teasing you with their 1773 movement :rant:

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
Hyrulian Hero said:
What's even worse are those damn Skaarj in Unreal and UT. Those were soooo fscking annoying whenever they dodged, it was like they were teasing you with their 1773 movement :rant:
The Skaarj scared the bejeezus out of me when I first played Unreal. An enemy that can leap out of the way of a homing rocket is f*cking terrifying when you're used to Quake II soldiers who stand there and die when shot at.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I used to have this on after seeing "teh funny" that was zynthetic's hilarious ballets across the UT2004 landscapes. But then I got annoyed at the horns going off all the fricken' time in vCTF and ONS. :(