Homeland Security; the begining of the end

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaeg

PopeyeTurbo
Oct 18, 2000
That was quite a funny story, shows just what mass hysteria can do.

However, it just seems like another "bad cop" story. I don't, in any way, see how this shows the evils of new US domestic policy at airports. Also, don't forget that flying on airplanes is not a protected right and that airports, as well as airplanes in the air, are enitrely outside of state government rule. So technically you lose whatever rights the state secures for you as soon as you go past the security scanners.

In other words, they can tell you go home without reason but what they can't do without reason is confiscate items or any other property of yours.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Well, why doesent that suprice me.

Might aswell get used to it, this is far from over, today the airports and the internet gets policed, tomorrow? who knows, but this is only the start, you might aswell go down to the local police station and submit youre fingerprint and DNA now, avoid the crowd when it gets mandatorry.

And dont forget to get youre nerdy haircut and clouthes, so you look goofy and harmless, or someone might just rat you out, and the guys in the black suits will come and drag you away.

If people dont stop bending over and taking it, like the little teasing hot anuses they are, fairly soon, and start standing up and defending basic freedom, we will all need a violent revolution in a few years time.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
This quote from the story sums it up for me:

But how could I stand united when the very freedoms we were supposedly defending from the terrorists were being stripped away before my eyes--not by terrorists, but by fellow Americans?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
“You both know I’m a journalist,” I said.

“Yeah, you said you were working on a story about airport security,” the guardsman said. “What do you want to do, give away our security positions to the enemy?”

Christ these people are stupid, that's home/in-bred American for you.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
National Guardsman are a damn joke. They're taking advantage of the situation to show what little power they have. They are soooooo pathetic. They are unarmed. I can't see myself flying for a long time. This is rediculous. I'd be too busy laughing at those retards to take a good picture of their stupid asses.
Jaymian

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
uhh... I think Jaeg is acting suspiciously... can you please ban him? :D

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Apparently, not fitting in with the norm is now a crime. Go figure...

This whole thing reminds me of the widespread expulsions of any individuals wearing trenchcoats after the Columbine massacre.

-Keiichi

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
You cant give this a year Phatty, in this situation in particular, we need to be extra vigilent, and act twice as fast when someone does wish to decrease our freedom, this is the perfect scenario anyone who wants to take freedom onorder to atcheave it themselves could ever wish for, and it will be used/abused.

Originally posted by Goat ****er
You cant give this a year Phatty, in this situation in particular, we need to be extra vigilent, and act twice as fast when someone does wish to decrease our freedom, this is the perfect scenario anyone who wants to take freedom onorder to atcheave it themselves could ever wish for, and it will be used/abused.

this is a weird one :hmm:

the GOV is supposed to protect us. Its the reason we fourm groups. Protection and the hopes of power.

but...

we also want freedom?

how can you really be free and protected? its impossible. You need to give up freedoms to be more protected, and give up protection for more freedom.

the US has now slammed right in the middle of the breaking point of freedom and protection.

note: those who can protect do it for either power over those they protect or empathy for those who can't protect themselfs. unfortunatly most do it for the power trip :rolleyes:

we are at a crossroads here, ARGGG!!!!!

*phatcat gets stomped by Rouge's Midget Army*

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Freedom and protection are one and the same. You can't give up freedom and be protected. Governments over the last 100 years killed 170 million innocent people in democides and genocides according to the University of Hawaii; I don't trust things that commit a Halocaust every decade to protect me.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I'll rather have freedom than fake protection, and dont try to tell me that a Government can give protection, heard about a thing called police? heard about a thing called crime? the two co-exists just fine, and that is what they call protection?...just give me my freedom, and i'll keep myself safe, its better than beeing a slave and still not being safe.

Originally posted by RogueLeader
Freedom and protection are one and the same. You can't give up freedom and be protected. Governments over the last 100 years killed 170 million innocent people in democides and genocides according to the University of Hawaii; I don't trust things that commit a Halocaust every decade to protect me.

bahhh... your throwing around your RL rhetoric.

Freedom and Protection ARE NOT the same.

example if I put a fish in a bowl its save and can be easily cared for. but the fish has only about a few inches of swimming space. Now if I take that same fish and introduce it to a pond, it has tremendous freedoms but its fellow fish also have the same freedom to eat him ;)

Which is my biggest problem with Anarchy. I like the idea of no GOV. Total freedom. wooo... happy days, cartwheels and such.

HOWEVER

who is going to protect me?
no one. Its up to me.

and what if people start banning together? start little gangs of bandits, or for groups of protection? DOH'
we got GOV again :hmm:

so IMO Freedom and Protection are on the slide bar of life. you get one or the other. sacrificing Freedom for Protection.

As for Goat fu*ker
I'm going to tell you that the GOV can give protection. but they don't have to. and if they don't. well they won't put up with it. whats the point of GOV if they are not going to protect you from others and yourslef?

the enemy is not always that other GOV, sometimes its the people next door who are just insane ;)

hrmm.. as for this comment

just give me my freedom, and i'll keep myself safe, its better than beeing a slave and still not being safe.

I think the bonus putting your protection in another persons hands is just that. its out of your hands. Gives you more time for other things, arts, science, ect. Do you really think we could get to where we are today if the protection was left up to indviduals?

Now I do like limited Protection by the GOV. boarder security here, a cop or two yeah. Gives me time to play some games and goto college without the worry about getting my brains blown out. when the GOV starts to cramp my style and takes away my time for personal advancement (recreation,arts, science) that I have a problem with.

I can stand metal detecter here, and a X-ray there. but when we start getting into cammeras @ home, more police carry'n large gunz, and my ablity to speak my mind. I have a problem.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
You still didn't address why you consider the government a protector. Asking the government to save you is like asking Hitler to babysit your Jewish baby. No government in history has cared about its people, only itself. The genocidal history of the 20th century is proof of that.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I think the bonus putting your protection in another persons hands is just that. its out of your hands. Gives you more time for other things, arts, science, ect.
If you put your own protection in the hands of another, then you just gave them complete control over you. In fact part of the job of "protecting" you will require that your freedoms be limited.

The power to protect you is equal to the power to kill you.

Do you really think we could get to where we are today if the protection was left up to indviduals?

The main reason the standard of living in the US is what it is today is because for the better part of 2 centuries people who lived in the US where charged with their own protection and thus given complete dominion over their own fates.

bahhh... your throwing around your RL rhetoric.

I'm gonna have to side with Rogue on this one (and Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin and the rest of the founding fathers who built our system of government with what he's saying in mind)...it's not a choice between safety and freedom. freedom IS safety.