I hope Howard Dean doesn't get the Democratic nomination

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I don't want to vote for Bush, but I don't know how much better this guy would be. In the most rediculous and overblown story of the week, he played a major part, calling for ESPN to fire Rush Limbaugh because he said Donovan McNabb was overrated and that everyone wants to see black quarterbacks succeed. I expected an overreaction from Sharpton, that's how he has made his money all his life... that and being a drug dealer.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I really haven't heard that much about what Clark wants to do as president. But him or Kerry look look like decent candidates.

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I think we may see Clark picked up as a vice president, if he doesn't get the nomination. Personally, I would vote for him.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
I can't vote in the primarys but I turn 18 just in time for the big one, I only hope Clark wins the nomination so i can vote for him in the fall

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Clark isnt even a real Democrat, but only just pretending to be.
Just get Bush out of office. Dean cant be worse that him.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yeah really that whole ESPN thing was totally overblown. It's just stupid little cheapshots at eachother again. The only thing more stupid than the battle between the left and right politicians is the battle between the left and right media.

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
I personally think its extremely important to have someone with a (real, bush deserted) military background. then they would understand what war is all about, and not impose it needlessly on random countries with oil. not to mention someone WITHOUT connections to any major corporation.

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
TWD said:
Yeah really that whole ESPN thing was totally overblown. It's just stupid little cheapshots at eachother again. The only thing more stupid than the battle between the left and right politicians is the battle between the left and right media.

the stupid thing is that the jist of Rush's opinion was the speculation that there is racism on the part of the media (pertaining to favoritism & exposure due to a person's color and not his skill - since his career is not all that special for all the media attention he's getting). But people took it the wrong way and are branding him as racist/bigot.

/me smacks head

i'm tired of all this racism crap. let's all paint ourselves forest green and we'll be all set.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
I personally hate the fallacious distortions Rush Limbaugh spews, but even I have to admit that they're making a mountain out of a molehill. Although I don't think the media has any favoritism towards any minorities; it's just a matter of appealing to a fan base. Nevertheless, Rush should know he's going to be persecuted just like Jimmy the Greek was. Why should he be allowed freedom of speech under private media when nobody else is?

My biggest gripe with Clarke is that he's not really a Democrat, but if I had to pick a Republican, I'd choose him or McCain. Anybody's better than Bush. Hell, Bob Dole would be better than bush.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Clark isnt even a real Democrat, but only just pretending to be.
Just get Bush out of office. Dean cant be worse that him.

it was a large part this mentality about gore that got bush elected in the first place, not making the same mistake again

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
At this point I would vote for any democrat, as long as George Bush isn't president, I would be happy.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
bobtheking said:
I personally think its extremely important to have someone with a (real, bush deserted) military background. then they would understand what war is all about, and not impose it needlessly on random countries with oil.

If he knows how horrible war is, why did he stick around in the army long enough to rise to General?

I know he was against the war, by the way.

hermpes

I KEEP BABEHZ IN MAH HAT!
Oct 15, 2001
Personally, I don't see the appeal of Clarke. He's been a Democrat for what, 2 weeks? I'm not sure which Democratic candidate I would like to get the nomination. If I had to choose, I'd say anyone but Lieberman. He's not a Democrat either.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
tool said:
At this point I would vote for any democrat, as long as George Bush isn't president, I would be happy.
Be careful what you wish for, tool. Many more people voted against Clinton/Gore than voted for Dole/Bush II.

The Limbaugh controversy is ludicrous.

See also: This article