Good Graphics Card (20min answers)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Hi everyone! I'm gonna go buy some sheep, er, RAM and a graphics card today... probably a 2x AGP to replace the one i have (2d 3d combo)... what's the best one? Good for 3d games (duh) as well as 2d graphics (like photoshop)? I'm gonna take a shower, so answer quick...

LIMITED TIME OFFER! TODAY ONLY!!! =)

------------------
We tend to laugh at hillbillies, and I guess that's okay. But let me tell you something about hillbillies: they're fun to laugh at. Oh, I guess I said that.

-Jing (previously "Omega-Seven")

The Ping!

May 6, 2000
Ecuador?!
Visit site
I got a voodoo 3 2000 pci and it works awesome in UT (Thank god for Glide) It is also pretty cheap. I love my Voodoo :)

bullet2.gif

56K is the only way to play! (NOT)

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Welps, i think my choice in title scared people off =P I meant, answer in the next 20 min (thanks to ping and maelstrom)

Anyway, I got an Ati Rage Fury Pro AGP... that, with my 64mb RAM upgrade (128) has messed up UT for me. I mean, for chrissakes, the game runs smoothly now! The colors are CRISP! I mean, really now, WHAT THE HECK? =)

It's really amazing....

bullet2.gif

We tend to laugh at hillbillies, and I guess that's okay. But let me tell you something about hillbillies: they're fun to laugh at. Oh, I guess I said that.

-Jing (previously "Omega-Seven")

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Voodoo3's are very good, but the best sweetest eyecandy for UT is the Viper2 using the Metal drivers/textures. The only downside to the Viper2 is that every D3D game I've played has some texture corruption. If a little imperfection is acceptable, the Viper2 is really a great card. OTOH, if imperfection bugs you, the Voodoo3 is hard to beat right now.

Other cards (TNT2 U, Geforce, G400)will also work nicely, depending on the rest of your system.

bullet2.gif

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Thanks Sandorski =)

Incidentally, this information comes about a month after i bought my new vid card. And I have no idea why OutZ spambumped this old thing =P

bullet2.gif

The undisputed champion of Respawning.
-Jing|PuF|

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I'd recommend a Voodoo 3000 AGP. I've had mine for a year and I haven't had even a minor problem with any applications whatsoever. It's by far the most reliable card I've ever bought (and I've bought quite a few).

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

JEDICLAN

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>