critical error help ... again plz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

slayback

Feb 13, 2005
:( when i get home 2day and tried to play ut2004 this stupid crtical error came up and i need to know how to fix it and play ut2004 if any1 can help id say i love them. this is what the error says

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-09-07_17.17]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1796 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: No Video

Assertion failed: sizeof(*this)==GetClass()->GetPropertiesSize() [File:.\UnGame.cpp] [Line: 148]

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

if u can help thank u so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Let's start with the basics here...
Can we assume UT2004 worked fine so far?
It's also not very clear, but when do you get this error? directly at starting the game, or after some time?
Third question: have you got the latest version of the game (3339 ATM)?
Fourth question (please think about this for a while before you post): did anything change to your computer? This can be either in hardware or software...Even things that aren't UT related can have influences there...

Sorry for all these questions, but they are rather important to know what could be wrong.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Definitely looking like a hardware issue. sizeof is a basic C++ keyword. If that's failing, you've got some problems. :hmm:

It says he has no video card... :con:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1796 MHz with 511MB RAM

Holy carp, batman! :eek:
A Pentium at 1.79 GHz?

This looks like it probably is happening during game startup.

slayback

Feb 13, 2005
yea this happens when i start up my ut2004 and what will downloading the new version do. old versions dont make errors