me and WoD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
This is for Kangus. I was wondering, could I do an interview with the makers of U4E and submit it to WoD? I really feel I have to contribute something to the Unreal comunity since I've asked for so many things, and that one of the reasons I'm going to start making maps. Since I'm only 12, I have quite an imagination and alresy have ideas for 2 rooms in a map. I also have another idea for a map that's would be way to advanced for me for at least a year. If you want to know, send me an E-Mail. I'm sending my idea to the makers of high scoring maps, because this idea is so original its not even funny. It would get at least a 8 I say. I just need to find out the best way to reinstall UnrealED.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Your a help... YOU WAIT TILL I GET A PERFECT 10 ON EACH ON EVERY ONE OF MY MAPS!! WE'LL SEE WHO LAUGHS THEN!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas about UnrealED?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
If you or anyone else writes an article or interviews a mod team, I will gladly look it over & post it if its any good.
god(dess)((e)s) know(s) I'm not likely to update the front page for any other reason....

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
UnrealED comes on UT. You'll have to reinstall UT.

Don't worry. Soon you get accustomed to it. You'll get numb to the prospect of reinstalling YET AGAIN and it won't bother you so much. It's desensitization. After the tenth time it ain't so bad.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
You know, that's a really good question. I don't know. I personally have never had to reinstall the editor.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
you're not serious?

Take all the config files, whatever you're talking about, put them on a disk. Reinstall the patch then reinstall the config files from said disk.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I might as well tell you what my map will be like to pass the time. It will be called "Ultimate Arena" and will be good for 2-8 players I think. It will be one big room with 2 deviders to make it into 3 smaller ones. The deviders allow travleing between the rooms (duh). I'm doing this to save frame rates. On the bottom level, it has the enforcer and chainsaw and jumpboots in the 2 side rooms. In the middle one it has the keg o' health inside a tall piller along with the thigh pads in the other side. Beside the openings there are 2 health vials. It is like this on the other levels, to, but with different items in the pillar. The spawn points for all levels are in the corners. For the 2 higher levels it has a platform all the way around the room. On the middle one, it has the ripper, rocket launcher, biorifle and minigun on each of the 4 sides. On the 2 long sides, it has ramps that take up half the walkway going to the lower level facing the opposite directions, with health packs on them. It is like that for the next level to. In the pillar, it has invisibility and the body armor, and has a circle going around it so you don't have to go all the way around the level. For the last level, it has the flak cannon, sniper rifle, pulse cannon and shock rifle on the 4 sides. In the pillar it has the damage amplifier and the shield belt. There. I think that cover everything. You probably didn't want that big description but oh well.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
So basically you're cramming as many of every weapon you can onto this 2-8 player map?

Do you really need four weapons on every pillar?

Do you really need all the weapons?

You don't need to cram every single powerup/weapon on that small of a map.

My guess is you've never mapped before.

[edit]

OK after reading back a bit, I was right, you haven't mapped before.

Couple pointers that even I know: you don't need every weapon on the map. If it were a much bigger map, yeah I cpuld see putting all weapons on. But for that size you really don't need them all. Also, I wouldn't put the amp and belt right next to each other. That makes the player way too powerful.

You don't really need four weapons on every pillar. Pick one and put it on the 4 pillars. eg. One shockrifle and two ammo on each pillar, maybe. What you're describing is just total overkill, unless that's what you're going for.

[/edit]

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Now to pass even more time, I'll tell you the story of the level. Here 'goes... The Liandri cooperation manufactured this level with one sole purpose in mind: Blood lust. It was designed to provide extreme fighting with minimal distractions. It has turned out more more champions - and dead bodies - than any other deathmatch level. The profits from it are 1/8th of the total profit of deathmatch. More and more people are hearing the storys and descriptions of this arena, and trying desperatley to fight in it. But if and when they manage to somehow battle in it, they usually don't live to enjoy the experience...

How was that? Another useless piece of information for you.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
I've, uh, decided to make a few modifications to this level. It, from this moment on, is bigger just streched out a bit with more spawn points. I don't know where I put them yet, but the'll be there. and do you want me to show you a picture? I think I should, because you have absolutely no idea what I mean. I'll post the diagram in a bit. And you know how yoy said puting the amp and the shield belt next to eachother would make the player to powerful? Well so does the warsuit... BTW, I asked you about the mods, not your oppinion. But you did help me out, got me thinking.