Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
28 Weeks Later had a good prologue. And I liked it up until they lost control of everything. But then it just got kind of silly and got out of control. They also really overused that one track from the original.

I did like the rotor blade scene, even if Planet Terror did the exact same thing (although I forgot which movie came out first).

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Inglourious Basterds 10/10

Go see it if you haven't already done so. Mind you it is a tad gory, one person passed out, ambulance came and all. I did not think it was that a bad but anyways....

Great acting, great dialog, great action sequences, a must see!

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Inglourious Basterds 10/10

Go see it if you haven't already done so. Mind you it is a tad gory, one person passed out, ambulance came and all. I did not think it was that a bad but anyways....

Great acting, great dialog, great action sequences, a must see!

Who the hell passes out at movie gore nowadays?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
The abyss special edition (extra 25 minutes):

Am I glad they cut out those extra bits. They really damaged the movie. The abyss on itself is a fantastic (imo) james cameron movie. Withouth the extras, it remains mysterious and playfull, enchanting and tantalizing. With the extras, it becomes very preachy and annoying. So yeah, watch the theatrical version instead.

My favourite bit of the movie will always be the reanimation sequence. Four minutes of nailbiting tension. I mean, you've been there before but the actors play it so incredibly well...especially ed harris and mary elizabeth mastrantonio.

The Aliens still look fantastic. There's nothing ridiculous about them. For a change.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
The abyss special edition (extra 25 minutes):

Am I glad they cut out those extra bits. They really damaged the movie. The abyss on itself is a fantastic (imo) james cameron movie. Withouth the extras, it remains mysterious and playfull, enchanting and tantalizing. With the extras, it becomes very preachy and annoying. So yeah, watch the theatrical version instead.

My favourite bit of the movie will always be the reanimation sequence. Four minutes of nailbiting tension. I mean, you've been there before but the actors play it so incredibly well...especially ed harris and mary elizabeth mastrantonio.

The Aliens still look fantastic. There's nothing ridiculous about them. For a change.

Absolutely, 100% agreed on all points. I was really disappointed by the special edition of The Abyss. Many of Aliens' special edition scenes didn't add much to the film, but they didn't actually detract from it like The Abyss's extra scenes did. I was hoping we'd get to see more of Michael Biehn...

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Inglorious Basterds- 6/10

Firstly anyone who takes this movie seriously has totally missed it. It could have been a great piss take on WW2 movies and war comics and has some genuinely funny moments.

The actors picked for the famous roles in this film were really well cast and totally looked and acted the parts.

As a period piece there was a lot of great detail to costumes and sets.

That being said the flick is too long; way too long and disappointingly so. In my opinion dragging some of the scenes out for dramatic tension didn't work. The longer and slower scenes got to the point where they actually killed all the dramatic tension that Tarantino had built up in the scene.

A great example of how you should not make a long movie just because you can and have the budget to do so.

Genuinely funny in places but not a great overall movie experience.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
GI Joe: 7/10 - Good movie, terrible CGI (too obvious) and the last half hour assault in the arctic for me was a total rip off from Star Wars ep 6.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Halloween 2 - 5/10

Ok let me get this out of the way. The movie was a mishmash cluster **** of bad ideas and good ideas done the wrong way. The first 15 or so minutes in the hospital was a great start, but as soon as that ended it turned into a utter mess.

My main beef with the movie was that Zombie seems to think Haddonfield is made up of nothing but imbred rednecks, and girls who speak wigger / sex starved goth.

My next beef is with the Loomis character. Malcolm McDowell is a fantastic actor when given the chance, but Zombie turned his character into a total jerk, and really didn't serve any purpose to the story what so ever.
When he gets off'ed at the end with a "Why so serious" type cut across his lips it was bliss.

Third the whole vision of Michael's mother and his younger self could very well have worked, but it was done with so much cheese I really couldn't take it seriously.

Fourth. I tend to wonder why Michael would wonder the countryside for a whole dang year when the ambulance couldn't have been but a few miles from the hospital.

If anything the kills were really good, I would have expected nothing less. The first movie I rather enjoyed and it was an interesting take on the franchise, this one was just too screwed up.

On a somewhat related note, Zombie is apparently remaking "The Blob". I can hardly wait :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Inglorious Bastards - 10/10

Just got back from watching it o.o Christ be damned that was a terrific movie, excellent execution, the timing left you wondering wtf was going on than answering it with extreme sequences of brutal (srsly violent) violence.

I didn't even seem like it was a 3 hour movie (well just shy of that by 16 mins), flew by. Honestly, go SEE IT.. well don't bring your GF... unless she can stand INSANE levels of violence and gore.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Inglorious Bastards - 10/10
As a Tarantino fan I can say that I certainly wouldn't be telling Tarantino fans not to see it. It really had some great stuff in it.

As for the insane violence I did expect that of his films and that was one of the better things about the flick. I certainly wouldn't take my missus to see it; she would have absolutely hated it.:lol:

One thing that did bug me was the choice of music.

When the
Bowie
song came on I actually noticed a couple of people walk out of the theatre.

But, hey, that's my opinion. My opinion, your opinion; no problemo.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- 7/10

Until last night I had never seen any of the films in this franchise all the way through.

I've never read any of the books either so I must be about the only person in the known universe who hasn't been Potterised.

I expected the film to have great special fx up the yin yang as they must have practically unlimited budgets for these films. The supporting cast too is pretty powerhouse with some big names filling the roles.

That being said I did get enough of the references to the earlier stories to understand what was going on.

I thought this was actually an o.k. film and had some very adult concepts and subtexts in it. It was incredibly dark and foreboding in places and I actually wonder if some of the stuff they threw into the visual mix wouldn't give kids nightmares.

Yeah, it was o.k. I might even try and catch the other films sometime but I can't see myself becoming a big fan of the series........

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Inglorious Basterds (you spelled it wrong Mr. UglyPants) - 9/10

Friggin excellent. Ridiculously heavy on the dialogue so it may seem slow if you're not a fan of Tarantino's rambling, but I found the character interactions to be quite interesting.

Like Mr. UglyPants said, you have these long winded scenes of dialogue followed my some of the greatest scenes of violence EVER. Man those gun shots were loud!

Oh, and Brad Pitt faking Italian was rofl-worthy. He needed to be in the movie more, he was hilarious.

I also want to say that it's easily one of the most original films that I have ever seen. An alternate reality WWII with two intersecting plans to end the war in a movie theater. Can't say I've ever seen anything like it.

Gotta be his best film. :tup:

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Cloverfield - 7/10

Yeah I took my time getting around to watching this one, but it wasn't to bad. I had read/heard some mixed reviews so I'd been hesitant in watching it. The movie wasn't to bad actually. I kept thinking about how it would be cool to be fighting the monster all through NYC.