just wondering..cau u use rune textures in UT?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
i think this has been discussed quite often here lately, maybe not exactly concerning rune textures, but other unreal engine games (wheel of time, deus ex etc.). rune is no different. same copyright issues apply here.

so your best bet is not to use them.

Thug'N'me

R.I.P. 2pac Aka Makaveli
Jun 16, 2001
Virginia
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by ZodiaK
i think this has been discussed quite often here lately, maybe not exactly concerning rune textures, but other unreal engine games (wheel of time, deus ex etc.). rune is no different. same copyright issues apply here.

so your best bet is not to use them.

Hmmm well i used the search engine,which ill bet u did to,about half way through your post,(just to make sure,ide say)that rune HASNT BEEN DISCUSSED HERE so that doesnt mean the would say no mabey someone emailed them..but i guess not since no response...guess ill use a few here and there...cant give 'em credit though...i dont want a law suit now do i?:rolleyes:

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
what i meant was that although rune textures haven't been discussed of, other similar (unreal engine) games have been, and the same rules apply to these textures.

basically, ALL game material is under copyright, and can not be used legally without a permission that would clearly state that you can use them.

i personally don't mind if you use them, but i'd still suggest you'd find a workaround and use some other textures - make your own, for example.

happy mapping.