[Soccer] I can't believe this...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
...previously defeated by Scotland by 1-0, we are suddenly pwning them by 6-0. I mean WTF? Did the Dutch team gain superpowers overnight? Current score:
Code:
Scotland     Netherlands
   0              6
\o/

MattMacD

May 10, 2001
Andover, UK
Hehe, my dad's watching it downstairs, and he's one of those obsessive-about-football people, oh and he's from Scotland. I wonder how he's feeling. :p Really I think he's more worried about all the English fans he'll face when he goes back to work... ah the life of a fanatic. It can't be easy...

(note: I don't actually care. Spectator sports are boring. :p)

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
Where the hell were you guys to assist me in IRC. ;)
Brilliant victory. I'm normally not that much into football. But I think this was well worth watching. \o/

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
boo-shem-ee said:
/me pokes Fluid with a scalpel

It's [football], not [soccer] you tard :)

Darn right :mad: ;)

I was flicking between the Scotland match and the Wales v Russia match (0-1). All in all, a depressing night for British teams :( Wales showed little passion and Scotland were just outclassed (in both the football and the theatrical overacting: amazing dives and rolling around by Van Nistelrooy and Davids).

Turkey lost though \o/ ... to Latvia :lol:

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Hehe, that must have hurt ;)

But the Scots got what they deserved though, pushing us around and getting 4 yellow cards like that :eek: But all is forgiven. Because the two free kicks Holland got resulted in two very nice goals :D

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
Yeah, the Scots do play football the old fashioned way. Not much room for that in the modern game (for worse I think), you tend to get a lot of cards.

The goals Holland scored were full of class, hope England and Holland meet in the finals of Euro 2004. Would be a great game... remember Euro96? :)

England 4 - 1 Holland

Ouch. But then...

England 0 - 2 Holland

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Really makes me wonder WTF they were doing in the first game ...
IMHO they didn't deserve to win at all.
Oh well ... with a bit of luck they'll loose their next games as well.

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
serious pwnage.

anybody hear the news about Adu? He's staying in the states. "we will watch his career with great interest." muhahahaha!

edit: btw, you might want to change the tag to [Football] before all the hate mail starts coming in.... ;)

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
One word: motivation.

It was win or don't play any serious turneys for the next five years, something nations like Scotland are used to [no offense], but the Dutch are not. And they won.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Errr, yeah. I'm not that much into football, but I knew they already fucked up in the world cup qualification [Although I thought it was for the next one]. Still, the point that the Dutch are much more used to success remains.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
-reaper- said:
Errr, yeah. I'm not that much into football, but I knew they already ****ed up in the world cup qualification [Although I thought it was for the next one]. Still, the point that the Dutch are much more used to success remains.
they're not used to success ... they're expect to be treated like ff-ing royalty. The team apparently boycotted the press after they'd won, because of all the bad press they'd received after loosing the previous game.

*ghee* guys ... what else did you expect to get after that disaster ?
I'd wished they'd lost this game as well. That way they'd be finished for good and there might be room for actual talent that wants to play instead of a bunch of retards that expect to get a ton of money just for standing on the field and then to be treated like some kind of overhyped superstar even if they don't deliver.

I hope their next opponents can take them down ... literally.
(just as long as it isn't by the Germans ;))

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
Rugby can only be played savely by pple with a brain the size of an egg :eek:

As for the boycot thing, I don't blame them. Partially because of that stunt 'het Parool' did they got bad publicity world wide, not just in the Netherlands. And calling them a bunch of retards that expect to earn tons just by standing on the field, without actual talent, is plain dumb. Before their loss agians Scotland, they stood 5th on the world rankings of best teams. Not sure this is true, but I heard an interviewer say to Dick Advocaat that of the last 18 games Oranje played, they only lost 2 games.

So maybe some pple should just stop following the masses that bitch and whine every chance they get. Eventhough Oranje sometimes has difficulty showing fire and teamspirit in their games, they do manage to play a decent game of football from time to time.

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
The problem is they don't manage it when it counts ... or they end up like this when they get in through luck instead of skill.

/me still thinks they are a bunch of retards ... altough the retards that allow them to get this retarded are just as bad if not worse.

btw :
What 'stunt' are you talking about ?

Blorgg

Feb 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.nachos.tk
That 'stunt':
AMSTERDAM (ANP) - De KNVB overweegt juridische stappen tegen Het Parool waarin dinsdag een opzienbarende colum van Henk Spaan verscheen. Een groot deel van de selectie van Oranje zou de nederlaag in het play-offduel tegen Schotland zaterdagnacht met een feest hebben verwerkt.

I feel sorry for al those pple who can't read dutch :shy:
The article is about 'het Parool'(a newspaper) writing a column about the dutch team going to a party right after they had lost the game vs Scotland. But het Parool didn't even bother to verify if this was true and just send it to the presses. Later they found out they were wrong, but by that time the 'damage' had already been done.

Last edited: