COD: MW2 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Borderlands isn't a console port and I'm putting my money on this one.

This.

The developer(I think Gearbox??) stated the pc version would more or less crush the console versions. At least there is one good egg still out there in the bunch.

EDIT: Perhaps this is them being bitchy because they missed out on Brutal Legends potential. Still my respect to them is kinda low atm.

Last edited:

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
http://www.mw2blog.com/confirmed-modern-warfare-2-weapons-list/
Assault Rifles

* - FAMAS
* - Bushmaster ACR
* - M16
* - AK-47
* - Steyr AUG A2
* - Imbel MD3
* - FN 2000
* - G36C
* - M4
* - G3
* - TAR-21
* - FN SCAR
* - FN FAL

Sniper Rifles

* - SVD Dragunov
* - Walther WA2000
* - Mk 14 Mod 1 Enhanced Battle Rifle

Sub-Machine Guns

* - FN P90
* - UMP .45
* - TDI Kriss
* - H&K MP5

Shotguns

* - Franchi SPAS-12
* - W1200
* - Armsel Striker 12 Guage
* - Remington 870MCS
* - Winchester 1887
* - AA-12

Light/Heavy Machine Guns

* - RPD
* - MK46
* - AUG HBAR-T
* - MG4
* - M240

Pistols

* - USP .45
* - Glock 18/22
* - M1911 .45
* - Desert Eagle or Baby Eagle

Melee

* - Combat Knife
* - Ice Picks

Explosives/Grenades

* - C4
* - Frag Grenade
* - Stun Grenade
* - Smoke Grenade
* - Semtex

Gun Attatchments

* - Red Dot Sight
* - Heartbeat Sensor
* - ACOG
* - Silencer
* - EOTech Sight
* - Thermal Scope
* - Master Key

Grenade Launchers

* - GP-25 Grenade Launcher
* - M203 Grenade Launcher
* - AT4 Rocket Launcher (Heat Seaking/Lock-On)

Armor

* - Riot Shield
I've also seen rumors that there will be an SR-25
It's nice to see the UMP, now lets see an MP7.

I'd still like to see a Raven shield sized list of weapons to choose from.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm not buying that list. I've seen the AK-74u in action, yet still not listed.
Also, no claymores? How is that even possible..

That's as if they'd remove Easycore entirely. Not that I would complain though!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I'm not buying that list. I've seen the AK-74u in action, yet still not listed.
Also, no claymores? How is that even possible..

That's as if they'd remove Easycore entirely. Not that I would complain though!

What's your hate with HC? stay out of HC servers then and ignore them completly.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
What's your hate with HC? stay out of HC servers then and ignore them completly.
That's easy to do when the game is new and fresh and there are plenty of servers.

But as the game ages the viable server count drops while the percentage of scrub mode servers increases with respect to the number of normal mode servers because most players are bad and merely looking for some easy kills. I've heard it a thousand times and so has everyone: "QQ It's too hard to kill people in normal mode. QQ"

Thus, after the game's been out awhile scrub mode players have a direct effect on the ability of normal mode players to enjoy the game because it will become harder and harder to find normal mode servers.

Kantham's point is that if scrub mode was not an option there would be no scrub mode to overtake normal mode and therefore no problems.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
95% of the servers were HC when I went to Quakecon and no one was ever playing on the normal ones. A chunk of the people wanted normal but since everyone else was playing HC they just went with it, just like I did for a few maps. Judging from the way all of them played, it was probably a good idea that they stuck to HC since I could have been a 1 man team against most of them ;/ Luckily they had a few 2k4 servers up at all times and plenty of other LAN servers for other games D:

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
"Killer", I did not flame the mode I just figured the Claymores weren't in the list. So I thought they might as well take out Grub mode while at it, make this game more fast paced. But I'm sure you'll never understand. If you ever do like we all did one day, we'll give you a medal. And on it shall be written "I lightened the **** up!"

Like the way you complain about grenade launchers in this game and we (Normalcore Peps) don't seem to see the really big issue with it. The kill radius in HC is hilarious.

Ok I'll just rephrase this that you said, but for your own viewing pleasure.

What's with you taking these forums for your ratio/clan stuff blog? Get your own and get to shut the hell up about it because no one gives a crap. In case you missed, which seems to be more likely it.

Also, thanks to T2A for saving me some time explaining here. I do avoid HC servers FYI. Like the plague. Normal already takes 2-3 shots to kill someone with about 60% (If not more from about every range) of the weapons in the game.

HC out might be worth the extra monnies.

In conclusion, here's the lolpeg of truth.
thetruth.gif

Now back to MW2 discussions.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Also, thanks to T2A for saving me some time explaining here. I do avoid HC servers FYI. Like the plague. Normal already takes 2-3 shots to kill someone with about 60% (If not more from about every range) of the weapons in the game.

In conclusion, HC out might be worth the extra monnies.

lol, I quoted you a second after you did an edit so I got a pretty different post... anyways.

+1 that HC mode sucks. I got late into cod4(like a couple months ago) and what I noticed was that really bad players inhabit HC because there even they can do some kills. As for me, a week of only playing HC matches and my aim sucks because I don't need to aim for heads to do quick kills.

MY biggest issue with cod4 is balancing or how the devs must have no clue whats it like to play online... with retards.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I doubt balancing will be solved in the next game anyway. They didn't really bother with it in the first place on MW1, I don't see why they would with MW2, early 2008 has seen a good production stop of patches. On the PC at least.

Hey, as long as the monnies are in why bother? Your product is still a succes, you put new gimmicks in and people are good to go. Even though we're all sick of this game in some ways, people are still playing because the mechanics are very spot on and some other dumb reasons that keeps the players happy to say "I'ma play some COD4 right now" even though we've seen all the corners already.

It's still fun to play but certainly I doubt IW will take the time and Analise what could seriously balance the game overall. Hey, they got for 11.5 million sales predicted in 2 months after RD. Shouldn't it be just easier to add new weapons/visuals/maps ETC and still get monnies in? Obviously yes. :rolleyes:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
speaking of gimmicks, the kill streak would be a shinning example of such thing. Which may also cause unbalanced team to suffer even more.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/48/killstreak.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

"Notice 11 killstreak"? If it isn't about the unlock condition, then it would mean you have to get 11 kills in a row to obtain this. I do imagine out of all these locks is one that would probably take 15 kill streak if not more (My guess is that the last two after the AC130 are stronger). My point is that one of them will be abused and laughable. The AC130 being one of them as shown in the video.

brian edge

Apr 30, 2009
"FN FAL"

Haha, something tells me that gun will f'n fail.

I'm looking forward to the game, because it's a FPS that offers leveling up. It's like WoW for me. However, the little kids that talk **** about being better at CoD(even though I have a 1.94 k/d in CoD4 and WaW) really piss me off. I hope the map design is better too. I loved the maps tournaments were played on(Crash, Strike, I forgot the others...), but Wet Work and Countdown were two of the most horrible maps I've ever played on. Why would the art director even allow such flat designs to be made? That one sniping DLC map with all of the foliage was a bad idea too. Foliage doesn't look good with the CoD4 engine(and in WaW), yet they covered an entire level with it.

And for god's sake, I hope they fix the multiplayer spawns and server picking. I shouldn't spawn in front of an enemy nor in an artillery strike. Also, when I leave a game and try to join another, don't put me in the same damn game! That happened 6 times in a row in CoD4. :mad:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Creek was not that bad. Like most other CoD4 maps (some are just terrible no matter what) it only "failed" because server admins and players are too dumb to realize there should never be more than 16 people on a server at once. Every CoD4 map loses its gameplay and uniqueness when crammed with players. When not packed full of noobs who think every map with medium lines of sight means they need to go prone and snipe, Creek is a great map for flanking and tearing people up with an *** rifle. I have put up insane scores with such tactics, even when everyone else on my team is getting rolled and spawning on the low side of the map.

Mar 6, 2004
"Killer", I did not flame the mode I just figured the Claymores weren't in the list. So I thought they might as well take out Grub mode while at it, make this game more fast paced. But I'm sure you'll never understand. If you ever do like we all did one day, we'll give you a medal. And on it shall be written "I lightened the **** up!"

Like the way you complain about grenade launchers in this game and we (Normalcore Peps) don't seem to see the really big issue with it. The kill radius in HC is hilarious.

Ok I'll just rephrase this that you said, but for your own viewing pleasure.

What's with you taking these forums for your ratio/clan stuff blog? Get your own and get to shut the hell up about it because no one gives a crap. In case you missed, which seems to be more likely it.

HC out might be worth the extra monnies.

In conclusion, here's the lolpeg of truth.
thetruth.gif

Now back to MW2 discussions.

You really are an idiot.....