DNS Changed On Me Randomly?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Okay, that was weird... last night I suddenly, randomly, stopped having access to any page on the web, or things like mIRC or AIM.... but I could get onto game servers no problem! So, this morning, I went into the TCP/IP settings and there were two values inserted for the DNS server... I thought I had remembered it always being on "obtain automatically", so I set it back to that... and everything worked again.

Any clues as to what exactly happened? Maybe the ISPs DNS changed it's address or something? I'm kinda baffled...

Last edited by a moderator:

LifesBane(4Corners)

Sep 27, 1999
come.to
Yay. Because of the many unfixed exploits in this piece of junk browser, today is the day I drop Internet Explorer and get Mozilla. Heh, I had a feeling it would happen someday.

Thanks Titan, it did happen to be that Trojan. I must've been unlucky enough to stumble upon that FortuneCity website or at least somewhere else hosting that banner while it was still up (supposedly the site that was hosting the script has been removed). :hmm:

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
noprobs and don't worry LB. It hit me too, last week.

Unfortunately I can't drop the IE cause I still need it to check the websites I made and it's dammned hard to get rid of something you used for years. I'll keep it but deactiveted ActiveX and scripting.