SHOULD WE KEEP THE LIGHTNING GUN?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should Lightning Gun Stay?

• YES!!!

Votes: 126 71.2%
  • NO!

Votes: 51 28.8%

• Total voters

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
voidlore said:
I think the lightning gun feels more "Unreal" than a generic sniper rifle, but I really don't mind either.

I agree with that. The Lighting gun is highly used, by me anyway and it proves it’s worth every time.

But a new gun would be exciting, especially if it requires a new strategy and creates a good change in the game play, ya know some thing different, I mean we’ve all used a sniper rifle in games before, which is why I wasn’t too impressed when I found out it was in UT2004 but, naturally, it has its moments.

If I were to replace a gun I’d say replace the Sniper Rifle instead of the Lighting Gun, no messin.

Lets keep it Unreal people....

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
It`s a great service to see were the sniper exactly is! So you can give him the final kiss with the shock rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
MäxX said:
It`s a great service to see were the sniper exactly is! So you can give him the final kiss with the shock rifle.

Tis why I like it, stops campers.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I would like a particle cannon (think FEAR) with a small zoom, say 2-3x.
main feature would be to be able to shoot through numerous people if they line up. Slow rate of fire. or maybe a slight charge up time.

HarrySpanner

coool
Jan 26, 2006
usa
imageevent.com
Nightmare:
i agree about keeping both, but im not sure if thats what epic is thinking. i think they want only one

the reason i think lightning is better is because of the slower rate of fire, it forces players to really be careful about and line up their shots instead of (almost) "spamming" sniper bullets. In the end players are rewarded by inflicting 10 more damage upon their oponent (compared to SR). snipers are supposed to be all about precision, right?

savatage:
the one with teh sexy gen mokai with shooting a sexy combo with a sexy spiral around the shock beam still visible with sexy double damage turning everything a very sexy purple :D
the other 2/3 are teh sexy gen mokai w/ LtG and then RL

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
I think it would be cool to keep the LG. It is a high skill high rewards weapon, that can be quite fun in close combate. I also agree with the more Unreal feel and sexy look.

The color of the gun and the targeting screen are the only two things they would need to fix IMO.

I love black, and with the blue accents it would look sweet, and the lines in the scope kind of hurt my eyes after a while.

But over all I agree LG 4tw. :D :up:

Last edited:
Really? What was epic thinking? The LtG was about the coolest thing about UT03 and now they're getting rid of it? In favor of a bland, camping-inspiring, boring, lead-spammers sniper rifle?

I dont see the logic of that. and with the introduction of the futuristic UC weapon designs it gets even wierder, LtG fits better there.

I dont see the fuss, if you want ut99 sniper, make LtG with ut99 sniper properties, its not that difficult.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
If you wanna make the game less defensive... remove the shield gun, remove the ueber armour and give me a sniper gun with a trail. :)

Yes, keeps.
(+ the LtG has got to be one of the more original sniper rifles)