UT3 DM-Aphelion [FINAL][PC][PS3][PICS][DOWNLOAD]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[VaLkyR]Assassin

Kidneythieves and Poets of The Fall Fan
Jan 20, 2008
Blackpool, England, UK
valkyrgaming.com
Name: DM-Aphelion

Version: Final (1.0) - no changes from the Beta 3 though

Compatibility: PC

Description: A Liandri Space Station orbits a dead planet at it's furthest distance from the sun. It's around 21Mb once unzipped. The map is smallish with a simple layout with two floors connected via corridors at two ends, and also jump pads in a central area with a "reactor" in the middle.

Comments: It's my first attempt at a UT3 map, although I've made various maps in previous UT versions before, and I'm slowly getting better at it. This was more of a tester to get me to learn the UT3 editor a bit more, and is essentially a remake of an unreleased map I made for UT2004. The layout is probably a bit bland and "done before", so my next attempt at UT3 mapping will be a lot more adventurous. It seems to play fun enough, and seems to work ok with varying numbers of bots. I'd recommend between 6-12 as an ideal bot count, but you could try 4 for what might be a slightly slower paced game, or 16 for a slightly fuller/faster game.

Screenshot:

screenshot2coq7.jpg

Author: [VaLkyR]Assassin

Credits: Basically anyone who tested the map, and epic games for making a nice editor to map with.

Homepage: VaLkyR Clan Forums

Download: DOWNLOAD FINAL PC HERE

PS3 Download: DOWNLOAD FINAL PS3 VERSION HERE

Known Bugs: The jump-pads can sometimes cause you to hit the platform above at certain angles - I'm not always able to replicate that though.

Construction Time: around 50 hours because I work VERY slow; a propper mapper could have done it in a quarter of the time!

More screenshots:

Thanks for trying my map!