Is anyone else worried of ut2k7?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
Selerox said:
It's fair to say that we're ****ed then. I'd much rather we had a big community with less sequely pros than a small, hardcore community full of elitist wankers tbh.

I'd much rather the game catered more to the masses, as long as there's at least something there for the veteran players to get into.

amen.

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
sinikk said:
One of the ways to help a casual gamer take out a more expereances player is to have more 'random' weapons, and more of an element of luck. with card game sthe deck is shuffled, and its what you do with what you get that sepeates the veterans from the inexperianced. with bord games there are often dice, for the same reason. but computer games can't
just randomly award players frags, so stuff like the ripper and the relics (from UT GOTY) are used to helpeven things out. UT 2004 had nothing like this, and is seen as more n00b-unfriendly. Stuff like adredalin makes things worse, because adredalin gives extra bonuses to the winners.

Pickups like the redeemer help, but not when the veterans can time respawns and always be there when it reappers.

what ut 2k4 has now is the adrenaline system that was supposed to replace the relics. what happened though is that good gamers became better with adrenaline and casual players remained the same since they never get to charge the adrenaline. thats some messed up gameplay blalance there.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
No one can save a community if the vast majority doesn't think it's fun. BF2 has a huge community because a lot of people enjoy it for some reason, even though it's a buggy piece of crap. It's all luck, either the majority likes your game or they don't, there's no way to predict the outcome. UT2007 could be the best UT game ever made, but at the same time it could be the worst selling UT game to date, or it could be the worst UT game and the best selling one as well, there's just too many factors to even discuss.

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
another serious mess up in 2k4 was the rockets. in ut99 they would do some serious damage and the radious they had was decent for the size of the maps. in 2k4 they got the same radious and are weaker but a bit faster. the problem is that the maps are huge now so the rocket launcher is practically useless unless charged with 3 rockets and shot at a choke point.
the feel the launcher gives me in 2k4 is that 3 rockets have the same effectiveness as one rocket in 99.
the problem is, it doesnt appear to be fixed in 2k7 from the video i saw.
Its a damn ROCKET make it go BOOOOM!!! not bom! give it less ammo if you have to but give it some impact and make it feel like a rocket. now it feels like tear gas canisters gone bad. and speaking of teargas, thats something they could use in the gameplay. flashes and loud sounds could make the vision blurry or the character deaf for a few seconds. every other game does it and it works brilliantly, why shouldnt UT have it?

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
f.sardis said:
the problem is that the maps are huge now so the rocket launcher is practically useless unless charged with 3 rockets and shot at a choke point.

The map scale is the problem there, not the rockets. To say the rockets are useless is a completly overblown statement! You can seriously **** an opponent up with rocket launcher in UT2k4 when used correctly!

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
yeap, you sure can. but how easy is it to do it given the dodge jump and the small blast radious?
its the scale of the maps and the new moves that have rendered some weapons weak.
its not an overblown statement. for me its the truth. its nowhere as effective as it used to be. it just doesnt have the umph of a rocket. you hold the launcher and you dont go RAWR! its more like miaou....

have a go in UT99 with a rocket arena mutator and do the same in 2004. tell me your impressions.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
It Overstated how effective the doublejump/dodge jump is. Map scale is once again the real problem. As much as i love the Eighball missile launcher of UT99 its still well too spammy!

f.sardis

Apr 10, 2006
no, by all means not eigtball again. i prefer the launcher as it is now. i jsut want to rockets to be a bit stronger and with more blast radious. right now they dont feel like rockets.