SP2D -- UT99 single player mod in 2D

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
SP2D -- UT99 SP mod in 2D. Mappers needed

SP2D is a single player mod for UT99.
The player you are controlling is shown from his side (not from the top).
Programming part I'll make myself. Basic stuff is ready.
I just need one mapper to create maps. As follows from idea of this mod, maps are quite simple.

Last edited:

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
About downloaded sp2d.zip
You will need OldSkool to run this mod.
When files are unpacked to their appropriate directories, you can run sp2d-test from UT console window. Don't run it from with OldSkool's "Other maps" dialog window, because OldSkool replaces gametype.

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
SP2D needs help in hosting

All SP2D v.092b content (without maps), collected and packed in WinRAR 3.0 archive now weights 2.3MB.
My hosting rules allows me to have maximum 5MB-sized files.

So if somebody can help me in hosting SP2D files and internal releases, contact me ASAP.

Or at least tell me where I can find such hosting (it should be free)...

Darkesis

May 15, 2009
Colombia
Man, the web do not exist, but are very good this mod.
One good idea is to create SP2D for Multiplayer mode, OK, ''NEW MP2D, Multiplayer 2d mod, for UT GOTY, UT 2003, UT 2004 AND UT 3'' Hehehe, very good...

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Seems this thread has been forgotten by it's creator, so here is the latest info.

Synopsis: SP2D, or SinglePlayer in 2D, is a modification for Unreal Tournament based on classical sidescrolling platform shooters.

You play as Andrew Collins, member of the human military expeditionary forces now exploring Na Pali long after Vortex Rikers incidence. Keeping the peace in a planet still occupied by a fierce Skaarj resistance turns out to be tougher than first thought. After a hectic patrol in the polar regions goes to hell, it's your job to keep yourself alive in the cold - outgunned, outmatched, and without means to communicate with home base. For now, you re-assess yourself while hiding within the confines of a cave while a Nali Priest appearing from its depths silently motions you forward...

Features:
See and play the game world from a platformer perspective - from the side and circumnavigate tricky sidescroller challenges!
10 fully playable sidescrolling maps, 2 intermission maps, and a flyby!
Use standard Unreal Tournament weapons but aim them with your mouse crosshair while moving side-to-side shoot-em-up style!
Kill enemies by jumping onto their heads - Mario-style - if you dare!

Latest News:
August 4, 2012 (GMT+8) >> Abso-friggin-lutely near release!
August 9, 2012 (GMT+8) >> RELEASED.
http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2636
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sp2d