New UT server - need players!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
SkaarjMaster,

The server is up 24/7

I found a map that caused the server to hang but I have
played all the maps thru now and everything is fine.

I may also have been updating some maps since NC seems to
work again now, I took some of the maps off that was to
large, some people disconnects when they see a huge DL
starting up.

I looked at some of the maps you suggested and some
of them are in the rotation now, Escherland, Blody Blocks
and Helleth ][ to name a few.

Oh, and I activated the xloc :)

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Originally posted by I_LoveToKill

Oh, and I activated the xloc :)

Now we're talking! I'll be around! I never play DM, but yesterday I tried some just for fun... Played on a map called Stahlwarth or something... ended up in 3rd palce out of 16... not to bad for a newbie (first time I played the map ever...)

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Heya SkaarjMaster,

Yeah, ip changes once a month or so - thats why I
set up a 'dynip' domain for the server:

Open location:

einherjer.dynip.com:7787

Or perhaps the easiest way, just click the 'DM' tab in the
ut server browser and sort on the server name, then my
server is the top 5-6 or so, name is '!!!! - the best custom maps...'

Try the 'ReconStarCruise' map - I found it yesterday and it rocks...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just played a few maps on your server, yeah, that Recon map is fun! It's fun to snipe that stupid bot that sits up on top outside the ship. Of course, it's usually a different one.

I also played Escherland][; the bots get stuck in a couple spots, but you shot them and they come alive. Still think this is an original and fun map. It's fun to race through jumping down all the levels, get to the bottom run thru and jump down the stairs and start all over again. Loque beat me.

Then, I played FbRoute66 (according to your web site, this shouldn't be there); this was just a fun frag fest galore! Came in 2nd again.

Didn't know about that sort servers feature; just never used it. Like what you did to the bots, some hard ones and easy ones and some in between; it's the luck of the draw. I'll have to get on and play Helleth][ sometime soon! See Ya!

SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
What the full name of the DM-ReconStarCruise map? I saw something similar but different come up on the servers page in UT. Usually, authors will list this in their .txt or .html file. Do you know where I can download the .zip file for this map? I tried Nali City and the file was corrupt. Can't find it on the other map sites in my favorites either.

Looks like the map vote is back. Seems fine to me either way! The map vote is good for trying out the maps you like first. The rotation is good so the same maps aren't played over and over. Is Morbid Curiosity still there? I was looking forward to playing this one. See Ya!

SkaarjMaster

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hey SkaarjMaster,

Yeah, the bots sitting on top of the ship is pretty dumb :)

Did ya notice that there is an IG rifle up there? The xloc is on
so you can use it to get it - you can realy rack up frags with it.

Escherland is fun, but the bots gets stuck cause it uses
portals to connect all the rooms. Same thing happens in
Anubis in the room with the stairs - but the bots are only there
so there is somebody to play until some humans shows up so
its not a big deal.

This link to reconstarcruise should work, thats the one I
used to download it from:

http://beyondunreal.com/nalicity/dl.php/utdm/dm-reconstarcruise.zip

I will keep mapvote on - I have moved all the standard maps
out of the maps folder, so there is only custom maps to
choose from - the reason you could still select fbroute was that
I forgot to remove it from the maps folder and only removed it
from the maplist.

I had to remove MorbidCuriosity, it was almost 8+ megs with the
custom textures and music/sounds - thats to much for people
that dont have the map allready im afraid.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Thought I saw something up there in Recon, but I was having so much fun exploring other parts of the map that I didn't bother x-locing up there.

Yeah, bots do get stuck in Anubis, but since this is my favorite DM map, I kinda forgot about that.

Still had trouble with that link you gave me to the Recon zip; when I try to unzip it I get the following error:
Error in file #1: badZip file offset (Error local header signature not found): 632195. Any idea what this is? I e-mailed you anyway, just send me the .txt or .html file and I'll be fine. Thanks.

Also, no big deal with Morbid Curiosity. But, where are all the human players? Some guy got on then got right back off when I was playing Recon. The pings aren't that bad and the bots being easier to beat definitely helped. Well, I'm going to keep playing your server, I hope more people come.

SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Now you know how bad I am! Anyway, fun games. Morbid C. is not as good as I thought it was; haven't played it in a while, but I finally played it online.

Yeh, BloodyBlocks is a rocket fest, but I go for the flak (being the flak ho that I am) and see how I can do. Actually, I went more for the rockets this time and some for the redeemer. It's amazing you can hide behind a wall and not get nuked. Hopefully, they'll change this to be more real for Unreal 2.

Beholden is definitely all over other servers. This is a great map and this should stay on your server.

Actually, I have a server I run once in a while, but only 3 other people that I know have all the maps, skins and voices for it. All bots are configured with different skins and voices. It's the SkaarjMaster Server. If someone has a lot of maps, skins and voices, it may work for them. Otherwise, it's a cable USB server and messes up when the downloads start. I'm switching to ethernet cable soon.

Got that .txt file for REcon? See Ya!

SkaarjMaster

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Heya Skarj,

Not bad at all - if you are used to a good ping it takes time to
learn to adjust to a higher ping, the server is also at a slightly
higher speed (135% ) than normally and that takes some
adjustment to, And I have a very low ping - I am playing thru my
other adsl connection but I still get a low ping, there is
something about adding some lag by adding something to my ini
so my ping will be more fair when I play on the server that I will
try to get working...

Only 2 things I got against morbid is that is looks like all the
other 'inside a castle' maps and the filesize is 8 megs.

Yeah, beholden is a GREAT map - extreemely well balanced, it
has always been one of my favorite maps.

Its looks like my version is messed up to - I know I downloaded
it from NC, but I may have installed the map from my cache using
'UT map manager'

I have sent you a link to a fixed version, its only 600kb.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by SkaarjMaster
Actually, I went more for the rockets this time and some for the redeemer. It's amazing you can hide behind a wall and not get nuked. Hopefully, they'll change this to be more real for Unreal 2.

I dis-agree. There has to be some way to avoid being killed by it. I think it's perfect and I hope they don't change that a bit.

I'll hop on this server tonight, if you'll be around Skaarj...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Peregrine, well I guess the redeemer thing is a matter of opinion, but what got me going on this was a 1on1 against Loque in Liandri and that SOB kept ducking behind stuff. Maybe they should make it that if you duck at or near the center you die, but if you're along a certain outer area of the blast then you're O.K. I should be on that server tonight at about 10-11 eastern time!

ILoveToKill, sent you an e-mail also, that zip file had no text file with it, I have the other two files already. Don't like the increased speed in combo with the lag, but at least it's not turbo. Please don't increase it to turbo, that is just a little insane. Dude, when do you sleep?

SkaarjMaster

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hey SkarjMaster,

My zip was also corrupted, so I made a zip without
the readme file, sorry I misunderstood you :(

Dont worry, I will not increase the speed any more.

Hehe, yep that game we played was a little early for me, I
think the time was like 5:30 in the morning here in DK

Time to get some sleep :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just played Constructor and Helleth][ and got 180 pings when I first went online to your server. I was on around 4pm eastern time today. Let's here it for under 200!
Yessssssssssss!

SkaarjMaster

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hehehe, thats great :)

The server is getting more popular I can see from the logs,
and many players have a ping around 80 or so and thats
definately ok.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yeah, it's getting more popular. Just got off (the server); I need to get to bed before midnight some night this week. Played against birdhouse, I think we are about the same skill, but maybe I was killing more bots or I knew the maps better or something. Also, 3-4 other players (mr. scary is probably still on).

I miss accussed someone of voting 3 times for a map, then apologized. I got to quit jumping to conclusions like that. I used to not say a thing; maybe I should go back to doing that, NOT!

Anyway, is there a way to have someone vote only once?

SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just checked your web site, it seems you've added a bunch of maps; I thought I noticed it while going through the map vote. Be careful not to add too many or people will tire of scrolling through the list. 52 maps is probably enough. Give it a month or so and the ones that don't get picked that often can get deleted and maybe get it down to an even 40. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I now have 37 out of the 52 maps. I have Deck32][, but no other decks. I don't like water or darkness. I just finished deleting about 25 maps from my Maps subd and now it's below 500 maps in that directory and I'm going to keep it there (RustyInc was one of the unlucky maps but he was on the fence). Actually, if someone picks a map while I'm online, I'll give it a try; I'll DL BloodAndIron and check it out (never heard of it).

I, really, need to keep the original map name by author, I have to change UT-Tourney-][ and Dm-Sewer][ back for them to not auto-DL from your server. Enough chatter, so much for getting to bed before midnight.

SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Almost forgot, Vault is listed twice, I believe the second one is supposed to be RumblePitt. Also, there are 2 Agio's (4 and 35; not sure what the .uz means).

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Hey SkarjMaster,

It does not realy matter if they vote like 3 times in a row, they will
only count as one vote - but I have Mapvote set to 'acumilation'
(sp?) so the vote you place carries over to next time - if you
want to play say, beholden, and two other players keeps voting
for other maps you will get beholden if you vote for it a couple
of times - if its a draw, Mapvote will just choose the next map.

Just fixed the mappage, 'uz' is the extension for a compressed
map/file - if you notice when you download a new map the server
will only get to like 35% before its finished downloading.