Answers on a postcard...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jonny Buffalo

Heeeeere's Jonny!
Mar 28, 2002
Nottingham, UK.
If anyone has any suggestions then please post them here, after waiting soooo long for a half decent graphics card to play normal UT on and then just sitting here not being able to use it I welcome any thoughts on how I might get it working. I've tried using several different drivers, all of which give the same error (see below) so that cannot be the problem. Also bear in mind I don't know a great deal about computers so you might wanna put your thoughts into laymen's terms for me ;)

gay.jpg

Thankyou.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
First, turn off your antivirus software, and all other non-essential programs. next, go to control panel and uninstall all of your existing video card drivers ( you may even want to use a driver cleaner). Reboot. Windows will pick up the card when you start up, just leave it as a standard vga adapter, we'll fix that in a minute. After the boot process is complete, verify that you still have the AV software turned off, and install the latest drivers for your card from nvidia's website. Reboot, and don't forget to enable the antivirus, etc..

Jonny Buffalo

Heeeeere's Jonny!
Mar 28, 2002
Nottingham, UK.
ZenPirate said:
First, turn off your antivirus software, and all other non-essential programs. next, go to control panel and uninstall all of your existing video card drivers ( you may even want to use a driver cleaner).

This is where I got to, but when I booted it started reinstalling the onboard card, so when I manually installed the nvidia drivers I got that error posted above.

And Rogue, you may like spending all your money on an "uber-leet" graphics card, but I spend mine on clothes and a social life and all I had left over was enough for that geforce, which is fine considering I only really want to play UT anyway. So either be funny, or get the fuk out :)

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
You also have an onboard card? If you have an onboard card, and a card in the agp slot you most likely will need to go into bios and disable the onboard video option.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
well, if you ONLY have onboard, you don't want to disable it. I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry.

*edit* Let's try this in the hardware area, and see if you get some answers.

Jonny Buffalo

Heeeeere's Jonny!
Mar 28, 2002
Nottingham, UK.
ok, so if I dont want to disable it what exactly do I want to do with it? I think I currently have installed both the onboard and geforce, how do I make the geforce my primary driver, any ideas?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
If you cant disable your onboard video from the BIO's then you wont be able to use the video card you bought.

I know from experience with a computer I use to have that had the samething. you'll need a new motherboard if you want to use that GeForce card.

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
OK, I'm confused.
1) your motherboard has onboard video
2) you DO or DO NOT have an additional video card installed ?

Answer that, and I can help.

Jonny Buffalo

Heeeeere's Jonny!
Mar 28, 2002
Nottingham, UK.
1) Yes.
2) I think I do, I've been trying to install it all day but I kept getting the above error (see first post) although as we speak it says the device is functioning properly. All I need to do now I suppose it set it to be the primary display adapter so I can actually use it!!

Dead_Hood

The Seventh Sign
Apr 24, 2001
123 Fake Street
We need system specs before we can really help out. CPU, Mobo, RAM, video, OS, etc. After that, we might have a better idea of how to help you.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
when manaully updating drivers, i seem to find that getting rid of/renaming/moving Nv4.inf in the /windows/inf directory helpful.

in the old days before this onboard 'Nforce' you used to disable onboard video ports by inserting another video card. Nforce im not too sure about...

i know they did a GF4 MX in PCI, but those are rare...