making breakable glass and elevators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rippance

Feb 1, 2000
www.geocities.com
ok, now you think: "Read those ****ing tut's"
i've read them both. But for the tut of the glass, it wont work when i shoot at the glass
but it works when i shoot next to the glass. How is veryone making breakable glass then?Do you use sheets or small cubes?

And for the elevators...i tryed setting a trigger so the elevator will come up. But it wont work. Used the normal triggers, elevator trigger and much more. But it wont work.

------------------
Rippance

rippance@hotmail.com
superjer@dds.nl
(for files only)

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Even better. Open up a map with it (or something similar) and see exactly how it is set up. The tutes for the breaking glass can be confusing, and you really have to take in some info from other tutes to get it to run right (read every mover tute you can)

I used cubes as well. Make sure you don't have rotation or scaling on them. I had troubles with them too at first. If you need an example, look at Fulton, I've got lots of it there.

Haven't tried triggers yet...ask me in a couple of weks /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
You've either blocked the explodinwall trigger with something....like putting it on one side of the glass...or you've made the radius of effect too small

Get my map DM-Dockside from realmaps. Theres both triggered movers and glass in it.

Rippance

Feb 1, 2000
www.geocities.com
thnx for the replies
but only one thing, how does a elavator come back (up)?

btw, many thnx Sylvester!

------------------
Rippance

rippance@hotmail.com
superjer@dds.nl
(for files only)

Sylvester

Dec 6, 1999
Leuven / Belgium
Visit site
To get it back, you can activate the trigger once more.
If you want that the elevator comes back automaticly, than you'll have to use a dispatcher (= some sort of a trigger where you can place multiple events with different intervals)

I suggest you read every tutorial about triggers you can find.

Sylvester out...

Rippance

Feb 1, 2000
www.geocities.com
ok

i tryed that triggertoggle thingy but it wont work.
Just tell me wich trigger i need and how to set it up. Because there no good tut about it.

------------------
Rippance

rippance@hotmail.com
superjer@dds.nl
(for files only)