Maya PLE UnEditor Collision

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I'm still not able to solve some collision issues.
As a test I have made a simple equilateral cross. I made three simple box objects for the collision as marked by red, green and yellow. I have left a small gap (as explained at UDN collision tutorial) between the collision objects by creating my collision geometry two UU smaller than each of the dimensions where it is intended to represent the collision.
I Named the visible level geometry MyCross and named the collision geometry MCDCX_One, MCDCX_Two and MCDCX_Three.
I then individually parented the collision objects to MyCross.
The collision geometry exists in the editor as witnessed by the screenshot

Collision1.jpg

But ragdolls fall through and there is no listing of Collision Prims in the browser.
Now for some reason I have it floating in my head that when you use MCDCX_ you have to reuse the name of the parent object. I couldn't find anything to support this and if that is so, then I haven't been able to reconcile this with the advice on UDN about creating multiple convex shapes for a single mesh. If I had "MyModelName" and then made the first simple object and named it MCDCX_MyModelName then Maya forces each additional simple object to have a numerical suffix as you create it. MCDCX_MyModelName1, etc...
So I'm not exactly sure where I should be looking to solve this problem. In fact I can't see as I have made any mistakes which is why I'm posting.
Another interesting problem is the manta crawls up some vertical surfaces when I try to make a collision in the editor and use "save brush as collision."

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
MCDCX_01 etc will work, Ued needs numbers (don't start at zero. Also, you simply batch export (Export All/Export Selected) Not sure if Parenting is needed, but then I MAX.