UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I remember speculating about an Invasion gametype. What a letdown, they accidentally the whole thing. :eek:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
meh, I just started playing bot matches on trainingday and for some odd reason it's really fun, I tried the same thing with UT3 and it while it wasn't as fun, it's way better than the terrible lag that's in every UT3 online game.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The lag, and hit detection was awful in UT3. I can't remember being more frustrated with lag than in any other game.

Partly why I stuck with developing maps to be played with bots. The competitive scene really didn't do it for me.

i like UT3 more than UT2k4. :(

I agree with you but my friends and my clan mates couldn't give up the movement UT2004 has. I think that is the main thing that killed it and then word of mouth drove the rest.

I still play it from time to time with BOTS or to check out new maps people still make for it. There are some really great maps for UT3. SO you can still get some value out of it that way.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
my biggest gripe with UT2k4 was the player scale. There was no way you could hit shit unless you had a hitscan weapon because of how huge the levels are. The level design was fine, but some levels (like Deck 17) felt like you were playing a Rats version of a normal level.

Say what you want about UT1 and UT3, but projectile spam is a lot more amusing than "hurrr you got sniped by some jerk with the shock rifle/lightning gun" over and over. At least projectile spam makes a lot of badass explosions.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Took me an hour (I think) to do this. Blech, 2k4 bot matches are way more fun.

wasteoftime1000.jpg

I made a demo of this for some reason, so if you want, I can put it to video and upload it to pooptube.