Supreme Freeze

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Prodani12

Sep 24, 2000
Visit site
Hi, I am a clan member and do play UT lots. What bothers me more than anything is the fact that my system always freezes UT and causes me to have to restart and lose valueble clan match time. I have a p2 333 64Mb Ram and a Viper v550 16mb 3D Card. I know its not a top of the line system or anywhere close but its what keeps me going. I was wondering if anyone knew any possible solutions to why my UT is freezing constantly. I am free to any suggestions and ideas. Feel free to email me at prodani12@hotmail.com . I use the latest offcial patch (4.28)

Thanks a bunch
Cheers
#psx on ETG

Arkive

May 10, 2000
members.home.com
There's several things I would try:

1) If you overclock your system...don't. UT is notorious for making overclocked CPU's that appear stable to lock up/reboot/implode.

2) Make sure you have the latest nVidia reference drivers, or if you're feeling lucky, you can try the latest Diamond drivers for your product. The new detonator drivers from nVidia are optimized for GeForce/GeForce2, and I believe there are older reference drivers that are better suited for the TNT. You can try http://www.reactorcritical.com. Search their messagboard for "TNT" and look for a post in regards to "best drivers for TNT". That should give you some opinions on which ones to use if you're really looking for the best. My stepkids system is running the exact same card you have with the 5.xx drivers with no problems. If you do change the drivers...go to http://www.tweak3d.com and follow the instructions in the GeForce tweak guide on properly removing/ reinstalling new video drivers.

3) Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows, as well as the rest of your hardware.

4) Try disabling other things, like sound, or running in software mode, to try and pinpoint the source of the problem.

5) You can always try reinstalling UT. That has helped many ppl who couldn't put their finger on the exact culprit.

6) See if you can identify when it happens. Does it always happen right after you first start, or usually a certain time period after it's been running? Freeze up offline as well as online? Try and locate a pattern and see if there are any discernable causes that relate to it.

Not sure if this will help...but it's a good starting point...good luck...

Jeff

Prodani12

Sep 24, 2000
Visit site
Hmm.... I have tired

I have tried various things to get my system not to freeze. The Diamond drivers dont even work properly with UT and the whole game doesnt look good at all. Its all distorted. Second, I am not overclocking my CPU. It freezes offline and online. At any given time. Usually when someone or me shoots a weapon off. I have downloaded the latest detonator drivers and have tried to use those. Software mode seems to run ok but thats because I hardly use it due to its uglyness.

I will try my best to get my system working and thank you for replying to my msg. We have lots our share of clan matches cause of my problem so I am really pissed at this problem.

Once again, thanks!

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
I WISH I HAD AN ANSWER, BUT I DON'T...

I have a totally different system, and a very similar problem. Cel@400, V3-3k, SBLive. For absolutely no reason at all, I'll be playing online and everything will just freeze. I'll go a couple of days, everything is fine...then it will lock up. Sometimes it will happen more often. I was o'cing my cpu and vid card. I set it back to original specs, no change. Still intermittant lockups. It happened right in the middle of a ladder math(that I was winning of course) I think in the last 3 or 4 times I was playing it locked once. The room I play is pretty warm ambient temperature, I have two complete systems. Also a scanner, printer, sub woofer.

I still think mine may be heat related, I just really haven't had a lot of time to look into the problem.