Unreal Championship 2 Preview.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
As long as they give unreal championship owners a free copy for screwing us who paid $50 over.... hey how was I suppose to know they would back down on their promise of constant Xbox live updates? Didnt realize that only meant 3 new crappy maps. :eek:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I don't trust epic to get it right. And if they do release it they will just ignore it afterwards like they did with the original UC.

Last edited:
I am... stoked...

Well for now anyway. Proper melee combat with Unreal Technology, it`s.. like a dream :rolleyes:

Course I wasn`t too impressed with UT2k3... Epic doesn`t always get it right, and I really don`t wanna have to buy an Xbox... But again, this game isn`t using UT2k3`s engine. I`m trying not to get my hopes up, but it`s just so hard, the game looks so promising. :(

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
And it is promising. Take it from a person who was initially and extremely critical about any XBox Unreal game. When I walked into the room and saw the screens, I was shocked. Amazing still, was when I actually sat down and played it...I couldn't believe how good they made this game.

I'm not a console fan and do everything possible to stay clear of console games, but damn it, UC2 made me want to buy a console. The screenshots and even the videos can't do the game justice. You have to experience how smooth the melee combat is and how the effects glide across the screen. I left the event sad...upset that I couldn't spend a few more hours soaking in UC2.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
tool said:
As long as they give unreal championship owners a free copy for screwing us who paid $50 over.... hey how was I suppose to know they would back down on their promise of constant Xbox live updates? Didnt realize that only meant 3 new crappy maps. :eek:

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, I don't trust epic to get it right. And if they do release it they will just ignore it afterwards like they did with the original UC.

... and XMP post-support...

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
And if they do release it they will just ignore it afterwards like they did with the original UC.

DE was responsible for UC,not epic.

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
I am looking forward to it. Even XMP on the XBox isn't that bad (i mean, on it's own. I couldn't compare it to the PC version, nor would I).

I3lackCat_777

Sweeeeet!
Mar 18, 2004
www.pcclan777.tk
yea it should be good
but it gonna be different for sure
well at least by looking at the pics
and yea it gonna be hard to pull of but hopefully they will make more updates

cough cough
unlike last time

ah screw it no coughs lol

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Even after playing it at GDC, I still can't see how it will work very well.

Yah it is VERY well made and executed even now...but the melee combat system is going to be a big pain later on when regular joe shmo is playing it. It was alot of fun but I felt cheated every time I tried to play hand to hand. Maybe I just suck at console games...

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Heythere said:
I am... stoked...

Well for now anyway. Proper melee combat with Unreal Technology, it`s.. like a dream :rolleyes:

Course I wasn`t too impressed with UT2k3... Epic doesn`t always get it right, and I really don`t wanna have to buy an Xbox... But again, this game isn`t using UT2k3`s engine. I`m trying not to get my hopes up, but it`s just so hard, the game looks so promising. :(

Epic are not producing Unreal Championship.

It's not their game.

Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
Even after playing it at GDC, I still can't see how it will work very well.

Yah it is VERY well made and executed even now...but the melee combat system is going to be a big pain later on when regular joe shmo is playing it. It was alot of fun but I felt cheated every time I tried to play hand to hand. Maybe I just suck at console games...

You need time though.

You can't go from PC based gun based combat to console based hand to hand combat and expect a killing spree straight away.

CiD

I'm on Offense!
Dec 28, 2003
Mr.Magnetichead said:
Epic are not producing Unreal Championship.

It's not their game.

epic is developing,microsoft is publishing.

.:Cypher:.

Apr 1, 2004
It's gonna be sweet! I can't wait for some dude running up on me with a knife and I whip out a Rocket launcher and blow his eye's out. OOOooooOOO. I dont like the idea of hand to hand combat. Thats why i like Unreal it's all gun's and rocket launcher's. Flying every where killing everyone!

CH8yo$1

Unregistered User
Oct 30, 2003
Visit site
hmm... the best thing ( or second best) about UC2 is that there aren't the same weapons as in ut ut2003 -04 and UC1. I think its going to be good...
when epic and de or legend mad ut2003 and UC and xmp they didn't listen to the comunity but now they are listening to the comunity like we saw @ ut 2004

Virt

UT addict :D
Feb 11, 2004
Springfield, OH
I'm among the hopefuls that think this game will freakin' rock.

Besides...you have more then enough reason to buy an Xbox... Ninja Gaiden, Halo 2 - which is coming out after or before UC2 - and now, another Unreal title.

I will never totally convert to a console to play games. But I owe it to myself as a gamer to buy an xbox and play 'em. I think I'd be denying my self oppurtunities to play some of the best games out there. ^_^; But thats just me.

Last edited: