-Congrats to the INF Team-

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kisel

Feb 8, 2004
I don't know if any of you INF team members remembers me, but I was around when the first version came out (around the year 2000-ish). I supported you guys as much as I knew how and I was on your forums for over two years (under the name 'farrp' and 'kisel') giving suggestions and ideas/comments.

Since then my attention has been drawn away from INF and I forgot all about it for a long time. Just today, I decided to do a serch on google to try to find out what ever happened to my favorite old mod that I used to spend so much time posting/talking about on the INF forums.

To my surprise, you guys released a new version. Version 2.9 was released over a year ago and I had no idea...heh. Anyhow, my eyes became watery when I saw that you guys stuck it out for such a long, long time and finished what you planned from the start. So I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work and for such a great UT mod. :)

I haven't played the new version yet and I don't know that I ever will (due to the old UT engine and it's lack of capabilities), but it's good to see that you guys stuck together and finished it.

Now for a quick questions and I'll leave you alone.
Will you be working on any other realistic army mods in the near future?? Maybe you could take INF to the next level by converting it to the Unreal2 engine or the Unreal2004 engine (or whatever they're calling it these days).

Or you might want to look WAY into the future and maybe have version 3.0 of INF on a new game engine like STALKER:Oblivion Lost?! Have you seen the pics of this game yet?? When I think of realistic game engines to play a realistic war game/mod on...I think of STALKER. Think of what you talented people could do with a game engine like that...WOW. I'm sure you have some 'pull' in the gaming world and I'm sure that if you contacted them they'd hook you up with some modding tools to get started. Who knows...maybe you could have INF3.0 up and running by the time STALKER is released later this year. :)

Anyhow, thanks for the great memories.

I hope all of you continue working in the gaming industry (because we gamers need people like you around) and I pray good things for you in the future.

Peace,
farrp (AKA. kisel)

--------------------------------
My Morrowind Mods:
Weapon Complilation Mod version1
Quivers and Fletching Kit version2
Trap Making Kit
Zyndaar Flame Blade
Chivera Ice Blade

Get them by going to my webby --> www.mungstyle.com/farrp or by going to www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
you should definately try it, regardless of the slow UT engine. They have done some amazing things with the graphics, and in addition to Chris's opengl driver, it looks like something which could be sold today.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Well, I wouldn't go that far but it's definitely a lot better looking than anything else I've seen on the UT engine.

It certainly isn't oogly, anyway.

Well worth a look.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Agreed, since you took the time to (re)register and post your thoughts, you should really try the game. These guys worked hard on it.
And yes, inf can compete with any game out there.

(it wasnt released over a year ago btw. just around december 03.)
(and yes ofcourse they're planning inf for ut2k4)

kisel

Feb 8, 2004
THanks guys. Maybe I'll check the new version out then sometime soon.
However, 600MB+ is a rather large file for 56k......hmmmm, maybe I'll just use GetRight.

RaekwoN....hey bro, I remember playing one of your first maps for Unreal. You remember making the map 'The Ghetto' or something like that? God I loved that map! Brings back memories of chatting with you guys on the forums and giving suggestions and what-not. I remember when Warren and Cat where the only two people working on the mod. I also remember that one guy (what the hell was his name) that seemed to know EVERYTHING about military weapons...heh. Wasn't his name Gryphon or something?!? That guy knew the answer to every freakin' question you could think of in terms of military subject matter.

One last questions for the team.
How come there are UT mods like SF and TO out there and they're making money from their 'half-a$$ed' mods and you guys have no deals in the works??? I mean, Optimizer and the guys from SF have their own retail game deal (same things with the TOs guys), but the INF team is still without one. If you ask me INF is the best mod out for UT...it always has been and it always will be....and don't even tell me that Sepentine was better because it wasn't.
Anyhow, good luck in your future projects and I hope they turn out as good for you as INF has.

Laters,
farrp

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
At the end of the day, how important are UT2k3 graphics if you can get better gameplay with INF 2.9? That said, the graphics are very nice regardless of the engine...

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
well I look forward to the Maps and the improved physics engine in UT2k3/UT2k4. Plus vehicles and such in UT2k4 is making me get a woody bigtime!

ok thats it

/me holds up a Baby Seal too

:D

RaekwoN

Infiltration Level Designer
Aug 5, 1999
Melbourne, Australia
farrp! I remember you! I didn't catch your name in the first post. Those were the days, when it was just a few of us, loitering around a weapons mod with power-ups. Ghetto was my first realism map for Unreal, complete with stolen textures straight from Kingpin :)

Gryphon was the guy you were thinking of, he's moved on now, haven't heard from him in a long while. Cat occasionally drops by and of course Warren is still with us.

Good to have another old-schooler around. Hope you stick around to see what we get up to next.