You guys are gonna get sued!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
It is possible actually... I've seen people obtain copywrites with the express purpose of suing other people... It's more likely that it'd end in a cease and dissist order though. Got to love the way Americans think...

TheSmisker

CaseSensitive
Sep 21, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
Visit site
Interesting from a legal point of view....
In USA, is it the guy registering the product 1st or is it the guy who actually make the game first with the name that gets the rights for it?

In Europe, if INF has been around for longer (if the case, there should be ample proof of that) they would be able to fend off anyone attempting to sue. The persons originating with the name/product/art wouldn't have to do anything from a legal standpoint, he has the right. Now, in the real world though, there would be a situation who can prove that they were actually 1st.

But does anyone know how intellectual property is handled in US?

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
I saw this imposter game a long time ago on some game site and was really surprised I thought is wasare Infiltration..........oh and it looked like a Piece-O-Sh*t:)

TheChronoTrigger

[UMC]FrozenFlame
Aug 10, 2001
California
homepage.mac.com
well if neither have registered it's on a who made it first basis, if it was Registered before the issue came up then whoever registered first has the upper hand,

(I'm not a Lawyer. so don't yell at me if i'm wrong)

P.S. I believe that's how MircroSoft screws people over half the time, bunch of crooks in my opinion

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
oh man i feel sorry for that dolt! I really don't think they pose a threat. Their damn website is on a free service! LOL! I know our INF's is but, they have senturystudios.com!

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I don't think we have to worry about that. Infiltration is much more known than that, and has probably been around longer also.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
Saw this a long time ago in a different thread...

On fileplanet there's also a HL mod called Infiltration :lol:

And this, a site about Urban Exploration (aka Tresspassing :) ), which the mappers out there might be interested in.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
although that "other" infiltration game isn't as well recieved as this mod, there's no reason to bash those guys who work their ass off to get a game going. It's like insulting game developers everywhere. :rolleyes: