JBAddonNoJailKill

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheForgotten

Card Carrying Mad Scientist
Jul 6, 2004
My Second (and probably final) JBAddon is a recreation of NoJailKill for UT JailBreak III.

No Jail Kill is a mutator that prevents jailed players from damaging
(and therefore killing) free players. I stop weapon momentum - although this is not fully tested.

I take no real credit for this or my previous JBAddonSpoils as most of the code very basic and heavily based on other peoples (It was a learning exercise for me). I therefore grant the Jailbreak team permision to use or modify them as they wish.

Edit - Attachment Removed new version below

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
It's a simple idea, but those are often the best :D

If you want us to be able to modify it, please could you attach the sources too?
That way I can recompile it for JB2003.

Could some of the team test this out in a net game situation please?

Once it's tested, I'll upload it to our site... and yours can be the FIRST custom add-on there!!!! :) :tup:

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
Ask and yea shall recieve

Edit - Attachment Removed new version below

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I've posted news about both your add-ons. Hope that's ok with you :) -- I thought it was a good idea to advertise as this really needs to be tested in netplay. Perhaps someone can set up a beta server to try it out sometimes?

I'll probably get a UT2003 version compiled this weekend -- but anyone who reads this is free to beat me to it :)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I tried it in Castlebreak on UT2003.
I gave myself all the weapons & fired a few redeemer shots at the enemy. They didn't die :)

So I would say it works :)

It might be an idea to have some sort of effect that blocks the projectiles, like for release protection.

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
tarquin said:
It might be an idea to have some sort of effect that blocks the projectiles, like for release protection.

Done - copy paste job

Mychaeel said:
And JB-Heights, where you can shoot enemy inmates.
You still can - very hard to fix without stopping Jail Fights.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
can't you set that rule (don't hurt people in jail) for all weapons except shield guns? Don't think you'll ever be able to kill an enemy with the SG while being in jail ;)

TheForgotten

Jul 6, 2004
jrubzjeknf said:
can't you set that rule (don't hurt people in jail) for all weapons except shield guns? Don't think you'll ever be able to kill an enemy with the SG while being in jail ;)
Didn't think of that, Should work I'll try it.

Edit - Didn't even need to do that - turns out shooting at fellow inmates in the same cell is already dealt with (Should have realised that it had to be).

Final Version - http://www.planetjailbreak.com/download/addons/

Attachments

• JBAddonNoJailKill v1.2 Source.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

imoholo

Mar 31, 2006
"The weapons of players in jail do no damage to free players. "

Again , i like this. This keeps u busy while waitin on an arena match or release. Trying to launch a grenade out of the prison or finish a free player and so helping your team.