POLL: Unreal Fortress

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
Yes, I too am looking forward to it

I'm not actually playing UT much recently, because it's getting kinda boring. As soon as UnF comes out however, I'll be like a crack-addicted monkey again!!! :eek:

Check out The UnF Webpage for more details, it looks great!

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
A thread within a thread...

OK, based on whatever criterion you like, please tell me which of the following you are most looking forward to seeing in a reasonably complete state.

StrikeForce
Infiltration
TacticalOps
ActionUT
UTFortress

Entropica{KS}

Oh, btw, my answer would be SF, but only because the promises they've made about what SF will become are amazing, but it has a hell of a long way to go until they're fulfilled...

r1ft

Jun 4, 2000
www.r1ft.com
I'm not particularly looking forward to it. The whole Team Fortress thing has been pretty much done to death, IMHO. I'll only download it if it adds something new that will change the standard Team Fortress gameplay significantly.

ShinyObject

You're making me blush.
Jun 14, 2000
Ohio
I welcome every mod and mutator into my house... but I have a special place for UnrealFORTRESS already set for it.

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
I anticipate SF and TO the most
Infiltration
UT F(I tried Q3F, but it sucked, although I have to admit that I used to play TFC all the time until I grew tired of it and got into CS)
UT RA I will download and play, but not as much as the top 3.

I must admit to having a softspot for some more obscure/less known mods, such as Slavemaster and Holywars

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
I don't like realistic type mods, so I really won't care how those turn out
what I'm most interested in at the moment is UTC or UnF, mostly because the closest thing to playing a class based mod I've come to is U4E
while the actual mod is basically as done as it needs to be, I'd like to see some good original maps come out for CTF4

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Sigh the only reason I loathe any mod adding new weapons is that they always screw up my weapon prefs, moreso after I delete em. thx to tac ops right now in setting>weapons, I can't see the RL, FC, or Redeemer at all. Even after I uninstalled it. Ok but to get to the point is that with all the talk about these fortress games I'll still check it out...btw anyone notice how someone can be blunt because they are to the point??

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
UnF is gonna be more team-oriented

With features such as laser tripmines that can only be disarmed by certain classes (so you'll have to call in support)

But the coolest thing I've heard so far is the mortar targeting system.... a Ranger has to drop a targeting beacon to determine where the mortar fire is gonna go.... hella sweet :)

Entropica{KS}

nepenthe's temporary body
Jul 19, 2000
OShadowO, I had the same problem with U4E. The only weopon in my hierarchy left was rocket launcher. It wouldn't autoswitch to anything but rl, which was interesting, but I needed the autoswitching.

You can fix it and you can prevent it from happening again. The problem is in your user.ini file. Fortunately, there is a defuser.ini included in your system file. You just have to find all instances of weopons being listed in the defuser.ini and adjust your user.ini (copy n paste, that's all it is) accordingly. Now you can go into UT and adjust the weopons in the order you prefer.

To prevent this from happening again: just make a new folder inside your UT\System folder and put a copy of your user.ini inside it. Now if you load a big mod and it screws your weopons up again, you can easily go back to the normal UT settings you use, by moving the old and new user.ini files back and forth.

Entropica{KS}