UE3 - General UT2k4 onslaught mapping help requested

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
I am nearly completed with an onslaught map for ut2k4, but whenever I play the game, everyone starts out on the blue team. Any suggestions?
I have my official link settups and everything, so I am very confused.

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Look under the player starts properties for "Team Number" then fill in the blank... 0 = Red , 1 = Blue ;)

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
well yes, I know that! But I was confused, because in onslaught maps, all the player starts are supposed to be 0, if you check one of the proffesional maps. I don't know why, but I went to the original maps for reference and they all have team number 0. plus, my map worked fine when it was still in the making. all starts were set to 0, and i had a node setup and everything. I spawned in red, along with an equal number of bots on each side. But now that I have finished the map, it won't work. I appreciate your suggestion, but I already tried it! Do you have any others perhaps?

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Player starts around the Cores are set to Team=0 too? Ive never mapped for ONS tbh but it makes sense to me that the core being the initial spawn point would be team based... the rest of the nodes would need to be Team=0 tho I guess so you can spawn there after capturing it.

Other than that have you tried running the map on another pc or running another ONS map.. could just be that you dont have balance teams checked and all the bots prefer blue? (grasping at straws here.. can ya tell).

Well just had a look at ONS-Torlan and it seems our are right as the player starts I checked were indeed all 0... however Mastering Unreal Tech says to use team player starts and I remember seeing something along those lines on Unreal Wiki... sorry m8 but Im stumped.

Last edited:

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
yea, player starts should be zero because the computer decides who is on what team. But I solved my problem; I had the precache game in level properties set to xGame.xDeathmatch....
oops! I appreciate the help, however. Most of what I know of level making I had to figure out myself, I don't have tutorials. But I know how to do almost everything and I have made 5 good maps so far. (in the past 8 months)
This was my first onslaught map, and I found observing the professional maps very helpfull. Most of what I learned came from looking at every actor, brush, volume and mesh to decide what to do.
But anyways, I solved it, and I thank you for the help.;)

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
heh nps you also learned another lesson.... when you run into some mind blowing problem its usually the simplest and most overlooked solution thats the key to solving it LoL. ;)