What are some good Ps2 games ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i just got a PS2 only because of 1 game :

gran turismo 3 (and the future g t 4 ) .

gran turismo 3 is great for the graphisms and the driving ; but the balance isnt realy good (you can cheat by touching other cars and walls, or driving a faster car than the opponents) , but its still adictive.

but theires some other great games . i had a game with the console (Final fantasy x)

i bought several low price games :

Pro Evolution Soccer 3, the getaway . both are nice games.

What are some great games (i know vice city is one but i have it on the computer already) that i could buy, especialy low price games (platinium or half price games):D

what are the games you enjoyed the most? :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
= Burnout 2 : great arcade-style racer that punishes crashes & rewards anti-social/dangerous driving :)

= SSX Tricky and/or SSX 3

= Rez

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Madden 2003 can be had for $8 on eBay.
Any Tony Hawk game.
Any Armored Core game.
Any WWE Smackdown game.
kill.switch
Megaman X4 (a PS1 game)
Intellivision Classics
Catch the Man
Catch the Man 2

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
Bad timing IMO...
Anyway this should give you some nice ideas. Also, just buy cheap games, lots and lots of cheap games that had good reviews at ign.com or gamespot.com

last week I bought dead to rights for 15 euros and yesterday I ordered viewtiful joe for 24 of play.com
Both are class games, and viewtiful joe is even groundbraking. Few games are worth the full 50 / 60 euros, and there are plenty of older games out there with great gameplay and good replay value that you should look in to.

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Rostam said:
Bad timing IMO...
Anyway this should give you some nice ideas. Also, just buy cheap games, lots and lots of cheap games that had good reviews at ign.com or gamespot.com

last week I bought dead to rights for 15 euros and yesterday I ordered viewtiful joe for 24 of play.com
Both are class games, and viewtiful joe is even groundbraking. Few games are worth the full 50 / 60 euros, and there are plenty of older games out there with great gameplay and good replay value that you should look in to.

yeah i completely agree i dont want to buy 60euros games , i only plan to buy gran turismo 4 and san andreas at that price but those arent "normal" games.

thanks for the suggestions anybody . i just got the game manhunt for 15euros..just played the beggining and its funny :D

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
heres my list -
gran tourismo 4 (with the official 900deg wheel of course :D )
mgs2/3
zero, zero2 - akai chou
soul calibur 2
winning 11 7
mortal kombat deadly alliance (but im a fan of MK so you might not like it :D )

oh yeah, i really enjoyed playing manhunt (though i think lots of people here hate it) and kingdom hearts felt fun (i dont own it so cant say anything for sure)

now you can also grab copies of parasite eve and parasite eve 2 they run on ps2 :p

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
SC 2 and Virtua Fighter 4 would definitely be titles to consider as well.

Cheap PS1 titles would be worth the money if you don't mind the dated graphics and it actually works on the PS2 ...

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
I forgot!

Metal arms - really cool mech shooting game

Transformers - not been out long, and ive onlyplayed once, but damn it was fun

War of the Monsters - the most fun beat-em-up ive ever played. being a huge monster fighting other hugemonsters in a destroyable city which probably isnt insured against hugemonsters? Monsterous! :D

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Madden 2004 (2005 comes out in august i believe)
Need For Speed Underground (NFSU 2 coming soon)
SSX Tricky
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore
Armored Core 3 (and Armored Core Silent Line is supposed to be good as well, haven't played it yet)
Twisted Metal Black
Prince of Persia is pretty good
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Gran Turismo

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
Silent Line is very good. Brings back every part from every AC game (albeit with some tweaked, like AC1-Project Phantasm's W-FINGER, which is the most overpowered weapon in the history of AC). As long as you expect it to play like an expansion pack, you won't be disappointed.

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
thanks for the recomandations

my new girl is going to washington DC then to taiwan this summer , thats why i need some good games to forget her ;)

just bought gta 3 for 9 euros and dinasty warriors2 and jack and daxter..
i might be buying ssx

Last edited: