Even Ground mutator (formerly DM Mixer)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Here it is, with revamped Configure screen. Let me know what to add before I do a final release. For those of you not familiar with this mutator:
Code:
Makes a few modifications to the way any gametype is played. These are the things it does:

Health:
		Modifiable starting health - DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE MORE THAN 100 HEALTH! Getting hurt and 
			then getting health back will only raise you to 100
		Regen can be turned on in Configure Mutator - at 100% gives you full health for each kill.
	Shield:
		Modifiable starting shield
		If shield is turned on, killing someone while your health is greater than or equal to 100 will 
			recharge 10 shield units up to Starting Shield.
	Adrenaline:
		All removed
		Can be enabled in Configure Mutator
	Powerups:
		All removed
		HealthPacks can be turned on in Configure Mutator
		HealthVials can be turned on from Configurre Mutator
        Ammo restocking:
		One Empty:    When one gun is empty it is immediately restocked with ammo
		All Empty:    When all your guns are empty, they are all restocked with ammo (ignores grenades)
		Regenerate:   Regenerates ammo at 1 per (Ammo Rech. Rate) seconds
		Pickups:      Ammo Pickups appear throughout the level
**NEW**Health Options:
		Normal:       HealthPacks, Regaining life, HealthVials, and item placement are handled normally
		Regenerate:   Regaining life is decided by a percentage health increase per kill
		Random:	      # of H. Packs HealthPacks are placed randomly throughout the level
		Regen & Norm: The features of both Normal and Regeneration for those that want both healthpacks and regen

Attachments

• EvenGround.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
You know what would be cool?

If you could code the game to make the power-ups droppable like damage amplifier if you frag some one who has it they would drop it as a new pickup item for some one else.

Of course the time it was used would have to be subtracted from the time remaining. :)

That would be cool though, I've always hated that there's no reward for fragging some one who has an advantage. Their should be at least the reward of the dropped "item of advantage" or power-up.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
cUnNiNg_StUnTs said:

If you could code the game to make the power-ups droppable like damage amplifier if you frag some one who has it they would drop it as a new pickup item for some one else.

Seems like the only power-up you could drop would be the amp. You couldn't drop any armor because by the time you kill him, the armor's gone. I guess he could drop all weapons, but would this really be useful, since it's fairly easy to get the weapons anyhow? Maybe if he dropped any superweapons he's carrying, but must player launch the thing as soon as they get it.

The only other thing I can think of that you could pick up from someone you frag is if they are using an adreneline power-up at the time you kill him. For instance, if you kill a flag carrier who's using speed, then you could pick that up. Don't know how this would work though.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
cUnNiNg_StUnTs said:

Of course the time it was used would have to be subtracted from the time remaining. :)

That would be cool though, I've always hated that there's no reward for fragging some one who has an advantage. Their should be at least the reward of the dropped "item of advantage" or power-up.

Man I loved that in Quake 3. As soon as someone got the damage amp...er, quad damage :D everyone tried to frag him instead of running away. It turned into a bloody mess of people getting splatted all over the place fighting for it. It was great, I would love to see a mutator like that.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Oopsy! Made a mistake and the config menu isn't working. Please redownload! :)

Thrawn <-- I need more information about that, and I'll get it implemented. Give me an exact scenario in which it would be used and it will be in the next release. :)

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Thrawn70 said:
Actually, it would be a drop down box of the weapons, and you select from it one of those weapons, so each time you respawn, instead of it whipping out your assault rifle, it whips out the weapon that you've selected.
Swift Viper said:
Can't you just set the weapon you want out on respawn by setting the weapon you want highest on Weapon Priority? I'm not sure if this mutator does it, but the other ones that give you weapons automatic changes you to your "best" weapon. If this mutator does not have the one line to change to your best weapon, maybe it could be added, but I'm sure it is already there *runs to do quick test*.

Edit: Yeah, it automatic changed to my best weapon, so either the Assault Rifle is on top of your Weapon Priority or the no automatic changing option stops it from changing to another weapon.
TWD said:
there's like a bug in the game. half the time when I spawn it starts me with the shield gun instead of the assault rifle.
Thrawn70 said:
My weapon priority list is all whacked out anyways because of how my keys are setup so that I dont have to use what I consider "cheat binds", but even so, it should be whipping out my RL when I spawn.
Sir_Brizz said:
the shield gun problem is a bug directly related to Epic's code natively I can't fix that.

as for the weapon priority thing... I will add this option in because it won't be hard, plus it is something that people will want later for whatever reason...
:D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Blast another hold up...I don't know how to make the weapon mount client side in a netgame :/

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Oh hey, another request ;)

Could you make it so that you had an entry box as to how many standard health pickup bases (not vials) were active in the level instead of "all" or "none" because I wanna use a single health base + Ultimate Health Bot in the Healthbot 1.10 mutator, but then it spawns all the vials and stuff... Not a biggie, but if ya got the time.... :D Thanks Brizz :eek:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can do that....only I don't think that I would be able to say turn on this one and off that one...it's gonna be HealthPacks on/off and HealthVials on/off.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Thrawn: you have 2 options for Weapon Mount:

1) I can put in an option where you select the weapon you want to Auto-mount on respawn and when another weapon runs out of ammo, or

2) I can make it follow your weapon priorities exactly.

Number 2 is alot easier, I have #1 working but it requires a certain amount of replication... If you choose #2 I will be done with the next version tomorrow night.

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Number #2 will do just fine, because at least it will be mounting a weapon > the Assault Rifle. On my other idea, can you have it just randomly pick one health base to always regen and leave all the rest off, or are you saying that isn't possible? Great work so far, Brizz!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I could possibly do that... It will be a bit difficult, and in everything but DM/TDM would be completely useless...unless you had healthbot of course. I'll give it a try. If it gets to be too much work I'll just stop doing it.