different texture-packages on client/server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

punk129

!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
Jan 18, 2003
Germany
www.punk129.com
I wanna make Spraylogos, like the ones in CounterStrike.

All is working fine when I'm using a specific texture, but is there a way to allow the player to use his own pictures?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
The main problem is that Unreal doesn't support dynamically loaded textures as far as I know, as in you can just place a TGA or DDS into a folder and then Unreal will load it on command. Even so, placing it into a UTX file can cause problems as the MD5 will differ to the server.

Also if clients had their own textures how would you make sure that all the clients would see the correct image? That would mean that the texture would have to collected by the server and then the server would distribute it. That could be rather dangerous and unwanted by clients and servers.

Lastly, the only way I know of doing this is using a UScript texture. Get the client to design his own spray paint by using mathmatical equations. Sure if won't look as pretty, but it would mean that the data that this client transfers are maths equations which would result in a small packet size. That might work, but it is only in theory.