'Toy' panda may be result of Nazi plot to destroy Christmas in Alberta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Source

'Toy' panda may be result of Nazi plot to destroy Christmas in Alberta
by Don Domino

nazi_bear.jpg

Calgary - Some Alberta families got a test in cultural symbolism over the holidays. According to CTV, when the families cracked their “Christmas crackers” at dinner, several of them discovered a little toy panda bear. But this was no ordinary panda bear. This one wears a small “military cap with a swastika-like emblem on it”, and what “appears to [be]… a military medal painted on his chest.” The bear also has its arm raised in what looks like a Nazi salute.

The swastika symbol has been widely associated with Hitler’s Nazi party in Germany ever since they attempted world domination in the 1940s.

Christmas crackers traditionally bring lots of party-fun for dinnertime at Christmas and New Years. Not this year for Lynda Tomilin from Calgary, however, who “was disgusted” when she saw the toy at her family dinner. Taking no chances, she quickly confiscated all unopened Christmas crackers from her family members and guests.

“Of course the girls were saying ‘Can I have one?’ But we said no,” she told the media.

Martin Walpert is president of Walpert Industries Incorporated in Lachine, Quebec, the company who profits from the crackers’ manufacture. He estimates that “no more than 10 swastika-bearing pandas” were produced in the Chinese factory where they were assembled. Still, novelty shops and party stores are removing the product from their shelves, and consumers are being warned about the cultural taboo disguised as a party toy.

Mr. Walpert “intends to ensure it doesn’t happen again”, said the corporate media, but he also defended the incident as a cultural misunderstanding. In Christian dominated society we are accustomed to the swastika symbolizing Nazism and anti-Semitism. But according to many non-Western religious beliefs like Buddhism and Hinduism, the swastika can symbolize prosperity, good luck or other positive meanings. The swastika’s origin is actually from the Sanskrit word for ‘well-being.’

The symbol has found its way into many cultures throughout history, many of them hundreds of years before Hitler tried to take over the world. There is evidence for example that several ancient Hindu, Celtic, and Germanic cultures used the swastika symbol, as did some central Asian and pre-Columbus American peoples.

Still, some believe the toy is inappropriate, especially one Jewish man, who appeared on CTV evening news on Dec 30. He found one of the swastika-bears during a Hanukkah celebration with his family. While he was shocked to discover the bear, he hopes it is just a misunderstanding and not the result of “sinister intentions.”

Whether or not the toy foreshadows another Nazi attempt at world domination remains to be seen. But for now the toys have been recalled, and parents like Ms. Tomilin can rest assured she won’t have to tell her children about the Nazis at least until they are sixteen.

For the CTV report go to: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1041275598599_67//
Boy I wish I could get one of these bears, if there's only 10 of them I bet they could be sold for a mint on ebay :p

Last edited:
He's saluting... his arm is not straight out. :con:

"Whether or not the toy foreshadows another Nazi attempt at world domination remains to be seen. But for now the toys have been recalled, and parents like Ms. Tomilin can rest assured she won’t have to tell her children about the Nazis at least until they are sixteen."

Uh... I knew full well of the Nazis when I was 7. My parents didnt shelter me. :rolleyes:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Those ****ing nazis stole the symbol from asians.
And other cultures too, including Native American.

The Highschool I went to was built in the early 1900s and the facade is decorated in symbols and images from local indian tribes (around Wichita, Kansas) ... among the symbols is several "swastikas".

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Nazi 1: Are the pandas in place?
Nazi 2: Yes!
Nazi 1: Then activate the panda activation ray!
*Nazi Pandas around the world activate inside the christmas presents of world leaders and assassinate them.*
Nazi 1: The world is now ours!